Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error editing the "contact advertiser" form

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Edit the information the user is required to send the advertiser on the contact advertiser page. I want the users phone number, city, and state to be the required information but I can not find anyway to edit that "New Message" CRED form.

I am using this on the classifieds theme

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Niko,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

In order to do this then you will need to add the custom fields for the additional information to the messages custom post type.

Next you will need to go to your CRED form called New message, Click "Add Post Fields" and then click the appropriate fields to add to the form.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

helppls.JPG

Hi Shane,

I followed your instructions and this error is appearing. Can you take a look at this?

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Hi Niko,

Could you send me the code that is used to generate this CRED form?

I suspect that their might be an error in the setup.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

[cred_field field='contact-number' post='message' value='' urlparam=''][credform class="cred-form"]

[cred_field field="form_messages" value=""]

• <label>[wpml-string context="cred-form-New message"]Message subject[/wpml-string]</label>
    [cred_field field="post_title" post="message" value="" urlparam=""]
  • <label>[wpml-string context="cred-form-New message"]Write your message[/wpml-string]</label>
    [cred_field field="message-description" post="message" value="" urlparam=""]

<legend>[wpml-string context="cred-form-New message"]Customer details[/wpml-string]</legend>

• <label>[wpml-string context="cred-form-New message"]First name[/wpml-string]</label>
    [cred_field field="from-firstname" post="message" value="[wpv-current-user info="firstname"]" urlparam=""]
  • <label>[wpml-string context="cred-form-New message"]Last name[/wpml-string]</label>
    [cred_field field="from-lastname" post="message" value="[wpv-current-user info="lastname"]" urlparam=""]
  • <label>[wpml-string context="cred-form-New message"]Email[/wpml-string]</label>
    [cred_field field="from-email" post="message" value="[wpv-current-user info="email"]" urlparam=""]

[cred_generic_field field="wpcf-message-from" type="hidden" class="" urlparam=""]
{
"required":0,
"validate_format":0,
"persist":1,
"default":"[wpv-current-user info="id"]"
}
[/cred_generic_field]

[cred_generic_field field="advertiser_id" type="hidden" class="" urlparam=""]
{
"required":0,
"validate_format":0,
"persist":1,
"generic_type":"user_id",
"default":"[wpv-view name="Advertiser details view"]"
}
[/cred_generic_field]
<p class="submit-button">
[cred_field field="form_submit" value="Send message"]
</p>

[/credform]

Shane
Supporter

Hi Niko,

I found the problem.

The field needs to be inside the [credform class="cred-form"] shortcode.

Currently you have it one the outside.

So all you need to do is place the shortcode within the [credform class="cred-form"] shortcode .

Example.
[credform class="cred-form"]
[cred_field field='contact-number' post='message' value='' urlparam='']

Thanks,
Shane

thank you! is there a way to make it so that inside the number field it displays :

(123) 888-8888

to suggest the user the correct format to use?

I made it a required field already.

thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Niko,

I'm happy that I could've assisted you with this.

Unfortunately not, it wouldn't be possible without having some javascript to format the numbers.

An example of this can be seen in the link below.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.