Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Empty spaces appearing in a View

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by russellH-3 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Create a View which displays a grid of images. I currently have 3 images but my output is showing two blank spots in front of these images.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
This is the page where I have the View: hidden link. It's about halfway down the page.

I've tried to diagram and explain my View setup here: hidden link

What is the link to your site?
See above

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Thank you for sharing the screenshot that was helpful to understand your issue.

I need to check how you have configured your view and for that, I need temporary access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I see you have a repeating field group added as "Work sample carousel" where you have three entries.

Here is the doc that will help you to know how you can display the repeating field group items:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/#displaying-repeatable-field-groups

When I checked the view you added, I see it was not configured properly. I've added the following query filter to your view:

Filter by post relationship or repeatable fields group owner
Select items from the Work sample carousel group that are related to the Post where this View is shown.

See screenshot: hidden link

I can see it works as expected:
=> hidden link

Can you please confirm it works as expected now.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please confirm the solution I shared help you to resolve your issue.

Hi Minesh:

OK, I see what you've done. Thank you for this, the instructions and the helpful explanation. I really appreciate it. This solves my issue. 🙂

Have a good day.

Kind regards, Russell

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.