Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Embedded video doesn't work.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Embedded video doesn't work.

Video placed in social networks display as just URL. What is required to show it as video?

Example: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share admin access details as I would like to see how exactly you configure the custom fields and view.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I see you are using instagram video and to display it you will require to use the iframe.

For the following post:
=> hidden link
I've added the following URL value "hidden link" to the field "videolinkurl".

Now on the test page I've created, I'm displaying it the "videolinkurl" with iframe as given under:

<iframe src="[types field='videolink-videolinkurl-url' output='raw'][/types]" width="300" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

I can see it display the correct video: hidden link

thank you ! what is required to show it in this way by posting via cred form?

Minesh
Supporter

You will have to make sure you add the correct embed link for your video with the field "videolink-videolinkurl-url":
=> hidden link

And then as I shared with my previous reply: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/embedded-video-doesnt-work/#post-2258275
- You can display it using the iframe as shared in previous reply.

1) understand that for instagram need to add word - /embed/ - to end of link. Because it is not a part of copied link.

Can you please advise how it's possible to do in CRED form?

2) this approach doesn't work with another social networks like : ok.ru, vk.ru

please look on examples:
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

1) understand that for instagram need to add word - /embed/ - to end of link. Because it is not a part of copied link.
Can you please advise how it's possible to do in CRED form?
==>
What you mean? do you mean that you want to validate the URL uploaded by users and make sure when they upload the video link of Instagram you want to make sure the /embed/ should be available - having said that you want to validate the uploaded URL to make sure the /embed/ should be available in the link?

2) this approach doesn't work with another social networks like : ok.ru, vk.ru
==>
The thing is that every video service provider will have different /embed/ format and you will have to make sure that according to that the embed video URL should be uploaded. Every video site will have different embed format.

1) if copy link from instagram there are no /embed/ in the link. Example below, I just copied it :

hidden link

Then need to add it automatically in CRED form. Right? User puts the link into CRED form. CRED from checks that link belong to instagram and add word /embed/ at the end of link automatically:

hidden link

or please advise another way to display it correctly. User just to copy link from instagram and put it into cred form.

2) any ways to display it for ok.ru and vk.ru?

Examples:
hidden link

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

1) if copy link from instagram there are no /embed/ in the link. Example below, I just copied it :

hidden link

Then need to add it automatically in CRED form. Right? User puts the link into CRED form. CRED from checks that link belong to instagram and add word /embed/ at the end of link automatically:

hidden link

or please advise another way to display it correctly. User just to copy link from instagram and put it into cred form.
==>
Correct. Its up to you what method you want to go with. Either without embed or with embed in the link. You may want to add some information with field you display with Toolset form and instruct users how to create embed link and add proper embed link. You can use the form validation hook 'cred_form_validate' to validate the link.

2) any ways to display it for ok.ru and vk.ru?

Examples:
hidden link

hidden link
==>
Here is the link to embed video for ok.ru: hidden link
- As you can see you have to use the "hidden link" and video ID.

1) unfortunately, user will not do it. Is it possible to modify link by CRED form?

2) thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

You can use the Toolset Form's hook cred_save_data to modify the uploaded link as required.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.