Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Email notifications: password instead of password reset

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to send User Password with CRED User notification

Solution:
We follow WordPress guidelines and in CRED USER EDIT form the behavior is to do not send any password on email notification but just a notice that the profile has been changed. In other words, CRED behavior is the same like WordPress.

With CRED User Edit form its not possible, You can send password using email notification using "CRED User Create form".

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Valeriia 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
s2016-05-30 (2).png

Hello,

I am trying to create user registration form with a notification that sends user password.

But instead of the body code PASSWORD I see RESET_PASSWORD_LINK.

Is it supposed to be like that? In you tutorial it's PASSWORD.

How can I get PASSWORD to be there?

Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This issue is known to us and already fixed but fix will be shipped with the next CRED release version 1.7.

We are going to release next version as soon as possible - you may expect this within this week.

Minesh
Supporter

Finally - I've good new for you.

We have released Toolset plugin new version today. Could you please go to download page and update your plugins to latest released version and try to resolve your issue:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Hi Minesh,

I updated and still see Reset Password Link instead of Password.
Anything I need to reset somewhere?

Minesh
Supporter

I can see the User Password button, please check following screenshot:
hidden link

Hi Minesh,

If you use details from my other ticket (to hidden link), you can see what I see. Go to user forms.

There are no plugins activated there but Toolset and components.

Could you investigate it please? It's very important for the logic of our user registration.

Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

I checked on your install, actually, "User Password" will not be available for User Edit forms. It's only available for "User Create forms".

As your form is "User Edit form" that's the reason it's not available. However I already discussed this with our developers and they are thinking how they can improve but this may or may not be available in near future.

Hi Minesh,

Can you let me know please, what exactly your developers are thinking about it. It is possible?

It's crucial for our business and if you are not implementing it, we will have to find someone who can do it for us.

Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

I've asked developers about and please kindly hold on, I'll get in touch with you as soon as possible as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

I got the news from our development team:

We follow WordPress guidelines and in USER EDIT the behavior is to do not send any password on email notification but just a notice that the profile has been changed. In other words, CRED behavior is the same like WordPress.

Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.