Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Email notification after creating a user

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcB-6 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello guys,
I've setup a website with a cred form to create a new user.
When this user is created i would like to follow standard WP pattern, meaning:

1. New user receives an email with a link
2. When new user follow that link he can set PW (there's a strong pw suggestion prefilled) on a page*.
3. When PW is saved new user is forwarded to login page.

I have a custom login page and i would like to have the user the PW set on a custom designed page as well.
Is the above possible with Toolset?

For me it looks like the Toolset way is to send autogenerated PW in the email (which feels a bit unsafe).

Thanks a lot for your help!
Marc

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Marc,

Thank you for getting in touch.

1. New user receives an email with a link
2. When new user follow that link he can set PW (there's a strong pw suggestion prefilled) on a page*.
3. When PW is saved new user is forwarded to login page.

Essentially these are not possible with our Toolset plugin as the user needs to set the their password directly on the form itself or have Toolset generate the password.

The passwords are being generated with the same function that wordpress itself uses to autogenerate its strong passwords the wp_generate_password() function.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, thanks for the update. I understand that it is not possible. I'm not doubting the quality of the pw by the way, it's just a bit of an unsafe pattern to email a password (however, you guys offer an alternative). Thanks anyway!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.