Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Email data is empty, sometimes.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Email sent from CRED post form arrives but sometimes it has no data.

Solution:
To solve the issue, add id='%%POST_ID%%' to the fields in the email notification body. For example:

[wpv-post-title id='%%POST_ID%%']
This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by OliverJ8211 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
Schermata 2017-07-03 alle 13.09.41.png

Hi.

The email sent from CRED form arrives but sometimes it has no data

for example in the attachment you can see three fields receive in the email body
(age, phone and email )
one has blank fields
and one has data.

Both comes from the same cred form
Both successfully created a custom post type entry on the website
Both sent an email notification successfully
Both entries on the website have all the data saved on the website ( so I can see age,phone and email on website but not on the email )
Only one has the data in the email

for us it's a big problem if cred emails comes empty so I'd like to see this solved somehow 🙂

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Luca,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support.

1. We have another client who had the similar issue and was also able to solve it, this may help in your case, the known solutions mentioned here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/user-creation-notification-email-fields-blank/

2. Also please make sure all Toolset plugins are updated to latest versions as a primary check:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

3. If still issue exists, please share your Debug Information with us so we can see it? I have enabled debug info box for your next reply:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you

The post you suggest seems to have found a solution for User cred forms and not custom post type cred forms.

Or do I have to insert
user_id="%%USER_USERID%%"

even on custom post type forms?
even guest users sends the form

Noman
Supporter

Hello Luca,

If you are using CRED Post form then you just need to use %%FORM_DATA%% in Notification email body and it should send all form data to your email when Form is submitted.

Can you please send me back-end screenshot of the CRED Post form?

Thank you

Schermata 2017-07-03 alle 15.32.37.png
Schermata 2017-07-03 alle 15.33.03.png

where do I insert
%%FORM_DATA%%
exactly? can you give me an example

Noman
Supporter

form data.png

You need to add %%FORM_DATA%% in your post form's email notification body, please go to:
Toolset >> Post Form >> Edit any form >> Edit Email notifications >> Body of email
(See attached screenshot)

Thank you

Form data is not the solution to the problem

we need to have control over the output of the email and display the FIELDS in a custom email template

The problem is that it works 80% of times but 20% of times it doesn't display the data in the email

I've already tested the form from all browsers and devices but wasn't able to replicate the problem, it may happen by random chance and not depending on browser/device or something repeatable.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Luca,

Okay, can you please first follow the below steps to resolve this issue:

1. I have noticed you are using WP Rocket plugin on site
- Please clear / purge / delete WP Rocket cache completely and may temporarily disable it to test.
- Please clear out your website cache, plugin cache, server cache (if any), browser cache too.

2. I can see that you are using older version of Toolset plugins (Types, Cred ). Please update ALL Toolset plugins to it latest official release. Or you can download it from your account:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

3. I have checked your site and it looks like Toolset server requirements are not same as required. You can see the minimum Toolset requirements here: https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

- MySQL 5.5.55 version in your site, is lower than the required for Toolset.

Please let me know how it goes.
Thank you

Ok I will do the tests in the next days on a cloned instance of the website with everything as you said

Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Okay great, I have marked this ticket as Waiting, once you have news you can add here.

Thank you

Hello

updated to php7 and mysql 5.6
updated all toolset plugins

but it didn't solve my issue

THE SOLUTION:

adding id='%%POST_ID%%' to the fields in the notification

example: [wpv-post-title id='%%POST_ID%%']

solved the issue of blank fields in the emails

Wow, your snippets generated by the user form should really have those parts added in automatically. This is one of the many reasons we don't use this suite much.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.