Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Elementor integration not working, Toolset keys empty

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by karstenL 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Toolset Test FH 2.jpg
Toolset Test FH 1.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi, I’ve observed the following problem on several WP sites: after creating a custom post type and related custom fields, Elementor is not showing any keys for the custom fields I’d like to use in an Elementor template. I can copy/paste shortcodes from Gutenberg into an Elementor text field, but Elementor’s dynamic content feature does not seem to work – except for Toolset URL fields.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I’ve extensively searched the forum and have read/watched all related documentation on Toolset.com. But Elementor has the best description of what I’m trying to do:

hidden link

Is there a similar example that we can see?
N/A

What is the link to your site?

To rule out plugin conflicts I’ve set up a fresh WordPress installation on a subdomain and will be happy to provide you with admin/login info for troubleshooting, if needed:

hidden link

Link to custom post archive:
hidden link

Many thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing from you!

Karsten

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Here is the Doc from Toolset that shows how you can use Elementor with Toolset:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/

You mentioned you able to display only URL fields - can you please follow the above doc and see if you able to display other fields and let me know what fields you are not able to display.

Thank you for your prompt reply, Minesh.

I had seen the instructions you sent, and followed them up to this point:

Follow these steps

1. Create or edit a regular page.
2. Insert the Elementor Library block.

Crucially, though, there is no Elementor Library block, as far as I can see, among the Toolset blocks in Gutenberg – even though the Toolset Blocks plugin is active and registered. Same problem in this current, fresh WP installation as in my previous attempts on other domains.

Besides, why would I need to work from a regular page, rather than simply create an Elementor template which pulls in the Toolset custom fields?

Minesh
Supporter

Crucially, though, there is no Elementor Library block, as far as I can see, among the Toolset blocks in Gutenberg – even though the Toolset Blocks plugin is active and registered. Same problem in this current, fresh WP installation as in my previous attempts on other domains.
==>
you can see the Elementor Library block once you add the following plugin:
- https://wordpress.org/plugins/block-builder/

It's already mentioned on our Doc:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/#getting-started

To use Elementor with the WordPress Block Editor, you must install the free Elementor Blocks for Gutenberg plugin.

The steps that mentioned here: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/#follow-these-steps
- Those steps are to build the page using Elementor.

You can obviously create single post template using Elementor.

If you could tell me what Toolset fields you want to display using Elementor and send me access details I will check whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thank you for the extra pointer to the Elementor Blocks for Gutenberg plugin. As you see, the setup was rather confusing to me – partly because Toolset itself requires the similar sounding Toolset Blocks (for Gutenberg) plugin.

More importantly, though, this doesn’t seem to solve the issue. From what I can tell, Elementor Blocks serves to integrate Elementor templates into Gutenberg – which is the reverse of what I’m trying to do.

In my Elementor template, there are still no Toolset keys for dynamic fields – same as in the original screenshots I posted.

Again, I’ll be happy to provide you with an admin login. Please send me an e-mail to the address you see in my account.

Many thanks for your help!

Hi there, just to follow up: I hope to hear from you via e-mail so we can take a closer look at the issue. I’d rather not share login information on a public forum, naturally. Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Please check the following related ticket, if you mean the same then please check the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/no-option-for-dynamic-custom-field/#post-1934607

We do not offer email support, when I ask you to pass access details, I'll activate the private reply so that the next reply of yours will be private and only you and me will have access to it.

Toolset-Elementor-Post-Custom-Field.jpg

The related ticket you point to does indeed seem to be about the same issue.

However, when I tried the workaround mentioned it doesn’t work. In my case, when I choose Post Custom Field, it does not bring up a drop-down menu showing Toolset keys.

Given that your colleague’s answer in the other post was essentially, “Sorry, nothing we can do, it’s an Elementor issue”, I’m afraid I’m going to have to give up on Toolset for now and look for a different solution.

Thanks again for your help!

Minesh
Supporter

You can even add a Text module where you will find the button to add Toolset shortcodes.

Can you please try to add Text module and see if you able to add Toolset shortcodes.

I’ve disabled Toolset now, so I can’t double-check. As far as I remember this approach did yield a Toolset output when I tried – but a shortcode in a Text module doesn’t solve the basic issue for me, I’m afraid.

My idea was to use Elementor’s full functionality of dynamic fields – not just in the Text module but wherever possible. And if Elementor + Toolset can’t achieve this right now, I’m going to have to look for alternatives and perhaps try again some other time when the integration has been improved.

Generally speaking, I suggest making the workflow more easy to understand. When I use a page builder like Elementor I don’t want work with templates in Gutenberg anymore, as Gutenberg feels much more clunky by comparison (at least to me).

Minesh
Supporter

Here is the errata page we just published:
- https://toolset.com/errata/elementor-dynamic-sources-not-working-when-selecting-toolset-fields-as-source/

I know what you mean but integration with Toolset and Elementor is limited at the moment and we will try out best to improve it but in that case both parties (Elementor+Toolset) may require to work together and that will take time.

There is not much we can do in this case.

Again, thank you for your help, Minesh. I appreciate your support, and I hope the Elementor team will be able to sort this out together with Toolset to improve the integration in the future.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you, you are welcome to close this ticket.

Thank you, Minesh, take care!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.