Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Elementor Compatibility Bug

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alessandro 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for the patience while i'm looking into this.

I took a copy of the site and perform some debugging steps. I found that even with all your plugins deactivated none of the pages work. What I mean by this is that your pages all redirect to the homepage when navigated to.

Do you have any custom code or any information about this behaviour ? What should happen is that with all the plugins disabled then the pages should resolve correctly but this is not the case.

Please let me know if you have any idea what could be causing this.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane! I have no idea! It just doesn't work while toolset types plugin is activated.

I think it is a bug

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alessandro,

I've escalated your ticket to our 2nd tier team so that they can have a more detailed look at this one for you.

Once I get a response from them I will let you know.

I've also provided them with a copy of your site so they too can test the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry but no one helped me

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alessandro,

I checked on the response from our 2nd tier support on this one.

They're response was that this isn't an issue with Types, mainly because your URL remains broken with all your plugins disabled.

Essentially there is something that is fundamentally wrong with the site and the URL only work when Elementor is enabled.

Given the case there isn't much that we can do since the issue is still there even when all your plugins have been disabled.

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry but it is not true... it works but it doesn't work just when toolset is enabled

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alessandro,

In the Duplicator package when all plugins have been disabled I was still not able to access the page.

Is it possible for you to completely disable all your plugins so that I can check?

Please let me know so that I can take it further.

Thanks,
Shane

Schermata 2022-02-10 alle 17.19.43.png

Shane yes i did it.
I disabled all plugin and it doesn't work if toolset is enabled!
While disabling toolset it works fine.
While reactivating toolset if I try to edit with elementor it shows this error (in the attached image)

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alessandro,

The problem is stemming from your website redirecting when all the plugins are disabled.
hidden link

If you go to that link above you will notice that the website redirects to the homepage which shouldn't happen.

This I believe is the root cause of the issue rather than Toolset working with Elementor.

Thanks,
Shane

what? it is not true!
It doesn't redirect!!
Shane i have to say we are wasting our time, you are not able to help me i have to open another ticket.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Alessandro

I'm looking into this.

On your site I observe very strange behaviour, even when Types is not active.

Depending on prior steps, visting the page when Types is active results in a 404 page not found, but after deactivating Types (and all other plugins) the page still does not load correctly, it redirects to the home page. Switching themes and re-saving permalinks while there are no active plugins seems to "reset" the site, visiting the page works.

Activating Types, visiting the page still works.

Only when you either switch theme to Hello Elementor or activate the Elementor plugin does the problem occur. (Meaning that you could also be reporting this to Elementor support: everything works until you activate their product.)

I've taken a copy of the site to install locally and continue working on it there to see if I can identify what's going on.

I should note that this problem is specific to your site. I set up a similar site for testing locally and didn't experience any such problem.

So I also created an online sandbox site to show that there are no such problems in a scenario where Elementor and Types are both active, using the Hello Elementor theme.

You can check that yourself here: hidden link

I will share the results of testing the local copy of your site with whatever I find.

Nigel
Supporter

I was looking into the template_redirect hook, and there was something odd with the query, relating to taxonomies, so I checked and see that you have several custom taxonomies. I temporarily deactivated them, and that seemed to fix the problem. However, the problem remained fixed upon reactivating them, so I wasn't able to determine if there was something problematic with any particular taxonomy or specific term.

I tried the same on your own site and got the same result, after deactivating and then reactivating the custom taxonomies the pages appear to load as normal.

That's the state your site is currently in; Types, Elementor and the Hello Elementor theme are all active, and the page loads normally: hidden link

Ok sorry i don't understand... also on your own site it doesn't work ? Do you know why?

Nigel
Supporter

To clarify, the problem only affects your site. It isn't a problem on a test site I create locally, or on the sandbox that I shared with you.

I did see the problem when I took a copy of your site and installed that locally (so it is not a server issue, it is something specific about your site).

The problem disappeared on my local copy of your site and on your site when I performed the steps I described above, and things are currently working.

Because it is now working I don't know how the issue arose. I suspect it is related to conflicting permalinks from your taxonomy terms, but I don't know.

If you are worried that it might happen again, it may be a good idea to install an activity logging plugin on your site, so that when you notice the problem recur you can see what you had been doing on the site immediately beforehand.

Ok so i have to deactivate and reactivate the taxonomies.
Can you check if it is a toolset issue or elementor's one?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.