Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Elementor Archive Theme Builder for CPT

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user is using an Elementor archive template for a custom post type. But once Toolset Views is activated, the archive template does not work anymore.

Solution:
This is a bug and will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Patched version of the affected file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qQdouw1Elmzhsgk_oCUrOVyNTIEXrAR1/view?usp=sharing

Needs to overwrite the existing file at wp-content/plugins/wp-views/application/controller/compatibility/elementor.php

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by YuliY2038 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to use Elementor Theme Builder's archive template with Toolset Types + Toolset View.
Somehow if I have Toolset Views plugin enabled and set the conditional logic to CPT, the CPT archive page will be blank.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I am not really sure what issues are you encountering, can you elaborate more and provide some URLs where we can see the issue? Can you provide some screenshots from your configuration, or allow me temporary access to your admin area to see this closely.

In the meantime, I think that you can't use the Elementor archive builder and Toolset Archive templates for the same archive kind.

Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for the video, it explains clearly the issue. I'll actually need to test on a minimal setup to exclude any possible conflicts with the troubleshooting mode. For that, I'll need a staging site or a copy of your website for local testing.

I'll also need to check on a clean install if this is a general compatibility bug between Toolset and Elementor plugins.

And finally, if the issue is not reproduced on a clean install, I'll need a copy of your website for local debugging and for sharing with developers if needed.

Can you provide a staging site or a downloadable copy of your website? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials to the staging site or download links of the copy.

Somehow the message is public so I removed the link. Did you get my original message?

Jamal
Supporter

I received the first notification email which contains the download link. I am building it locally now and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!

Jamal
Supporter

Just to let you know that I am still debugging this issue. I was not able to reproduce it on a clean install with only Toolset and Elementor plugins. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Jamal
Supporter

I am not sure to understand the real problem behind this issue, but it seems that an Elementor Page template(#629) is attached/used inside the Elementor Archive Template(#628). There is also a view inside the archive check this screenshot hidden link

Check both templates in this screenshot hidden link

On my local setup, I was able to fix the issue by updating the Elementor template a couple of times, removing then adding the archive widget. Check this screenshot hidden link
I had to switch to English to be able to change it. I wanted to try on your website, but I am not comfortable with the browser translation. And I do not understand what is this Elementor widget in the archive template hidden link

Please, remove the Elementor archive template, remove it completely from the trash and create a new one, this could resolve the issue.

I removed everything permanently (page template/theme builder template).
I tried to turn off/on has_archive.
I tried changing CPT name to English.
I tried changing custom archive slug for CPT.

It doesn't matter if I'm using toolset view widget in Elementor theme template or not. As long as I assigned condition to the archive list, the page becomes blank.
Feel free to troubleshoot on production site as long as other pages are not affected. Site is backed up.

Jamal
Supporter

I tried many updates on the archive template and I recreated it to no avail. I suspect that there is some server caching that holds corrupted data when Views is enabled.

Please follow the steps on my previous message(June 23, 2020 at 2:03 pm) to migrate your website into our platform, and let us check it there too.

Site migration completed.

Jamal
Supporter

My apologies, the ticket is not yet escalated. I'll keep you updated very soon.

Hi! Just want to check in and see if there's any progress. Let me know how I can help. Thank you!

Jamal
Supporter

Hello, I just checked our escalated ticket and this one is still in progress, our 2nd Tier is working on it and we'll have feedback as soon as possible.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello!

Our 2nd Tier has determined that this issue has a similar cause to another problem that relates to compatibility with Elementor. We are about to close the current development cycle, and any fix won't make it into the next release, we haven't thoroughly tested it yet.

I tested the patch on the migrated site and it seems to work. Check hidden link

You can find a zip of a patched version of the affected file here: hidden link

You'll need to use FTP to overwrite the existing file at wp-content/plugins/wp-views/application/controller/compatibility/elementor.php

Please only update the file once you have a current backup, and then do some general testing of pages where Toolset and Elementor may overlap to be sure there are no side-effects.

You would need to re-apply the patch after the next Views update for it to continue working until a permanent fix is released.

I remain at your disposal.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.