Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Editor for custom fields does not remember if it was in text or visual mode

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to:
Edit an existing post with custom fields and not break the formatting of content that was entered in the text mode of the classic editor.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Any page with custom fields on any site using Toolset and classic editor / legacy mode.

I expected to see:
The content stay as it was before I edited the page.

Instead, I got:
The content got automatically reformatted, losing line breaks and gaining automatic paragraphs which breaks the look of our content and sometimes breaks content templates. We really need field editor fields to stay in text mode if they were in text mode so that they don't reformat the field contents in a way that we cannot easily undo every time we open the post for editing.

This did not use to be a problem but seems to have changed in the last few updates to WordPress and/or Toolset.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This is a known issue to us and our Devs will investigate it. I'll add your voice to our internal ticket as your voice will add a strong vote to get priority for this issue:
- https://toolset.com/errata/wysiwyg-fields-revert-to-visual-tab-upon-updates/

Please hold on for further updates.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

A quick update to let you know that we published Types 3.4.17 that includes a fix for this issue.

If the updates do not show up on your plugin installer page (click the registered link beneath the plugin name to go to the custom installer page) click the the Check for Updates button to update the list.

Or you can download the latest versions from your accounts page: https://toolset.com/account/downloads

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.