Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit User Form based on URL Variable

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Matthew 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I just want to have the form edit a users info based on a URL paramater. This of course would also need me to be able to remove the password field, but no matter what it shows up on user forms. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am basically wanting admin types to be able to edit this info on the front. Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you mean that you want to remove the password field from your user edit form? If yes:
- Have you checked with your user edit form in the back-end and try to remove the password field?

If you do not find where you need to edit it, please share problem URL and access details and I am happy to assist you further.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-end-forms/using-editing-forms-to-edit-your-profile/

I can't send the link, but no worries. It won't let me removed the password field from the form. Won't matter so much if I can figure out the original goal. I want to pass a variable to a form, so edit user 10 from url?user=10 or on any other form, surely they can be based on url variables??

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Can you please tell me where you added your edit user form? On any content template build with Toolset or on a post body of any page?

Here is the short of it, I want to edit a form with a shortcode variable based on the URL, I swear I have done this. [cred_form form="staff-profile-edit" WHERE-PROFILE-NAME=MATTHEW] or something and that Matthew came from the URL.

I totally blew this one man. I just make forms, then put the forms in the loop of a view that has a URL parameter then put that view on the page I want the form to go to. I am so sorry to have forgotten all this. Thanks for all you all do!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.