Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit the custom post created with Toolset

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Sorry but these shots don't really help me much because they are incomplete. Is it possible to get full page screenshots? If not, can I at least see the meta panels in the Event editor, like the Template Layout panel, the Publish panel, etc.? Can I see the Layout grid for this Layout?

ss+part2Layouteidtor.png
ss-part1Layouteditor.png
screenshot-Editorpage-2018.05.0.png

Please see attached. Let me know if other screenshot needed.

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 12.16.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 12.13.02 PM.png

Let me be a bit more clear. Please take a look at the screenshots I have provided here. I need to see the meta boxes for this post type editor. They are usually located on the right side of the post editor screen, and I have highlighted them in red. I also need to see the Layout Grid Builder, not a single Visual Editor cell's contents. I have highlighted the Grid Builder in red.

Gridlayout.png
Right-Grid.png

Thanks. Please see both Right Side of Grid and Layout Grid Builder( as it appears for me).

Okay I don't see anything obviously wrong, though I can see that there are still other plugins active because of the "Convert Post Type" switcher. Can you confirm that the problem exists on the test site when only Types, Views and Layouts are active with the Twenty Seventeen theme active?

If so, then it would seem that there is some kind of corruption in this field group. As a test, edit the Field Group and delete the Event Date field. Then recreate the field with the same slug and the same field options. This should trigger a refresh of the field group in the database, and hopefully resolve the problem.

If not, one more thing to check is to go to Toolset > Post Fields and click the button "Post Field Control". Check these fields to be sure they are still under Types control (you should not see the text "Not managed by Types" for any of these fields).

Hello

Can you confirm that the problem exists on the test site when only Types, Views and Layouts are active with the Twenty Seventeen theme active? yes problem still exists

If so, then it would seem that there is some kind of corruption in this field group. As a test, edit the Field Group and delete the Event Date field. Then recreate the field with the same slug and the same field options. This should trigger a refresh of the field group in the database, and hopefully resolve the problem.? Did this no change.

Can you help me connecting with Video call support, it might be easier to debug that way. I have requested video call couple of times, but did not got any response?

If the problem occurs with only Types and Twenty Seventeen active, I can't see any obvious reason why these fields would not appear in the Old Event post editor screen. I'll ask my manager to check the Video call queue.

Is this the correct email address for you?
ank...7 at gmail

yes correct.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

As christian is currently on vacation, I will be handling this ticket for you.

Would it be possible to provide me with access to the site so that I can take a look at the exact issue on the backend ?

The private fields have been enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi ,

Thanks Shane for Response. I cannot provide access to the to the site. while i have requested Video call couple of times, but did not got any response, can you please check on that?

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mayasam,

In this case I don't see where a Video call is needed as yet as the debugging steps have yet to be done.

If it is a case where it is a bug we will need a duplicator package from your site to test.

Now is it possible for you to provide a duplicator package so that I can test this locally since you're no able to provide access?

To provide the duplicator package please take a look at the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I am not allowed either to share logins or the provide a duplicator copy. I have done all the debugging steps mentioned by Christian earlier in this thread, which did not solve the problem. So the option which I see now left is video call.

Thank You!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mayasam,

Ok no problem but we would still need a copy of the site if a bug is detected.

I dont think the video call will help us resolve the issue.

The only thing that needs to be check is to see if its a server issue.

One thing can you check that the mbstring php extension is enabled.

Finally could you enabled the wordpress debugging by following the instructions in the link below and letting me know if there are any errors or warning displaying on the backend of any of the edit pages.

hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane,

One thing can you check that the mbstring php extension is enabled? yes its enabled

Finally could you enabled the wordpress debugging by following the instructions in the link below and letting me know if there are any errors or warning displaying on the backend of any of the edit pages.?

Enabled debugging-

two warning I get are below-
1. var/www/html/site/wp-content/themes/Avada/header_backup.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/site/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 1018

2. Undefined variable: EWD_UFAQ_Version in /var/www/html/site/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-faqs/Main.php on line 134

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.