Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Dynamic map marker of posts in WordPress Archives

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to add a map markers of posts. The guide seems pretty straight forward but doesn't cover building this in Toolset > WordPress Archives. In the documentation it says to insert a View, well this is not possible with WordPress Archive as it's already a View.

Assuming this isn't an issue, I can only get to step 4: In the View block dropdown choose the name of the block you have inserted and in the Field dropdown select the custom field that contains the address. There is no dropdown to select the custom field (please see screen print).

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1824661-1620853/

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

What if you try to follow the following steps:
- Insert a Map block (outside the archive loop)
- As the source of the markers choose the View Block.
- In the View block dropdown choose the name of the archive and in the Field dropdown select the custom field that contains the address.
- Save archive

Please check the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

Hi Minesh,
It was already outside of the archive loop (above it). I moved in below like your screen print and the issue remains. There's no option to select the custom field.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please make sure that you have a post with map address available. If so, I need to check whats going wrong with your setup.

Please share what archive you have issue with.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

When I loggedin to your site, I found that Types plugin was disabled so I activated it and I found that the Address field is configured as single line so I've changed it to "Address" type field from the custom field group:
- hidden link
Screenshot: hidden link

Then I've edit both the listing entry and just update it so that the Address should be saved to address cache.

And then when I refresh the archive, I can see the Address field is available for selection when I select the Map block.
Screenshot: hidden link

And then I saved the archive and when I load it on frontend, I can see map is working:
- hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.