Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Dynamic Content for Divi

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by OSAMA ERWA 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi
I'm using DIVI to build my site and there is an update that we can use Dynamic Content in DIVI builder, but I can't see any of my custom fields created by Toolset.

Any help?

Thanks..

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 10.44.46 AM.png

Hi, if you use a Text module in Divi Builder you will be able to click "Fields and Views" and insert dynamic content from Toolset. See the attached screenshot. Will that work?

Screenshot 2018-10-15 at 10.06.17 pm.png
Screenshot 2018-10-15 at 10.05.47 pm.png

Yes I know that, but I'm talking about a new feature that releases on October 11, 2018 (see link below)
(hidden link)

for this feature, you can add custom fields on DIVI modules (see attachment).

Thanks,

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 3.32.25 PM.png

Okay thank you I see now. I was just doing some research and I noticed two things:
1. Dynamic Content only works in Visual Builder mode. See this attached screenshot in the backend classic builder. In the best practices documentation for working with Toolset and Divi, we recommend using Content Templates to build designs with Divi. Since Content Templates are not editable in the Visual Editor, this is a problem. Using the Visual Editor to design posts directly is not recommended.
2. If you decide to design posts directly (not a recommended workflow) you have the ability to insert custom fields from the current post into the post content using their Dynamic Content features. Types custom fields will have the prefix "Wpcf". However, the customization options are somewhat limited. For simple values like text strings or numbers, it might work. But for more complex values like dates or a series of checkboxes it may not work.

I would like to reach out to the rest of the team to see if there is any more information available about this. Please stand by and I will update you when I have some information to share.

Okay I didn't receive any additional feedback about this new feature from the team. If you'd like to see Types fields more closely integrated with the Divi Dynamic Content feature, I encourage you to create a new ticket here in the forum using the "Suggest an Improvement" option. Our developers will evaluate your request and see if it's something we can implement.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.