Skip Navigation

[Closed] Duplicate search results

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

a.R

Hi, on

hidden link, when searching f.i. for "Tempel", some results will be displayed twice, while others are missing.

What´s going on here?

Thank you 🙂

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm not sure I fully understand how to replicate the issue. Can you provide a bit more details on exactly what I should search for ? As when I tried the texts in your initial posts i'm not seeing any duplicates.

Thanks,
Shane

a.R
220602 a.R Duplicaze Results.jpg

For me, it happens in every browser, no matter if signed in or not.
Always the same result.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

It seems you have quite a bit of custom coding on this website. Are there any conditionals on this view ?

Also does this particular issue only occur when searching for "Tempel"

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I logged in and noticed that you have quite a number of plugins installed on the site.

Would it be possible for you to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and check again ?

This is to ensure that the problem isn't being caused by another plugin. I've tried to replicate this issue on a fresh install but i'm unable to.

Also if the pagination type is changed from infinite scroll to another does the problem still persists?

Thanks,
Shane

a.R

Hi

It´s probably about sorting:

By default, results are sorted by rating (field-mrp_rating_result_1_star_rating), and then I try to automatically sort by event date, when user searches for current events (input #in-faktor-806 / Aktuelle Veranstaltungen) is activated.

I'm doing that by jQuery on a hidden part of the search form:

$(document).ready(function() {   
         if (($('input#in-faktor-806').not(':checked')) && ($("#verklick label:first-of-type input").not(':checked')))	{  $("#verklick label:first-of-type input").click();	} 
         if (($('input#in-faktor-806').is(':checked')) && ($("#verklick label:last-of-type input").not(':checked')))	{  $("#verklick label:last-of-type input").click();		
}

Do you see any obvious problems here?

Thanks, Achim

a.R

E.g. when search for "Fächer -> Mathematik (Kern)" is initiated from homepage (hidden link), sorting will be messed up ("Quadratische Funktionen erkunden" will be on top,
in the first 5 places items 27-31 will be displayed, and these will be repeated in their right places.

(The first 5 DISPLAYED items will always be a block of 5 items from further down the results list, and these will be REPEATED in their right places.
The more items are found, the further down in the search results is that block the first 5 DISPLAYED items will be taken from.)

Then after deactivating and again activating that "Mathematik"-Tag, sorting will be ok again! ("Mathefragen" will be on top.)

Understand what I mean?
Does that help?

Thanks, Achim

a.R

It also helps to press "Suchen" a second/third time.

Disabled almost all plugins - no change.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I'm not seeing anything obvious with the code that you've added to the site.

My next guess is to not use the infinite scroll option and use the normal means of paginating.

From there we will know if its an issue with the infinite scroll in particular or the entire pagination.

Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicate search results’ is closed to new replies.