Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Dropdown Menu Selection & Icon

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
5. Drop down icon change?.png
4. How can I always have All Countries showing all countries?.png
3. All Countries does not show all countries - only selected country.png
2. Select Biarritz.png
1. Select Country.png

I'm having an issue with the actions of my dropdown menus. I have 2 drop down menus on my site that show: Countries & Cities, both showing multiple countries and cities to choose from. Once I select a Country and then City, my Countries dropdown no longer displays all of the countries - it only displays the current Country I'm viewing. I've uploaded photos to reproduce the steps:

1. I select a country from All Countries dropdown menu
2. I select a city in that country from All Cities menu
3. But, All Countries doesn't show all countries. It only shows the country I've selected
4. How can I have the All Countries menu always show all of the countries? (As in the photo uploaded*) Essentially, I'd like to show the white checkmark next to the country that’s selected (like how it is when All Countries is selected), and still show all of the countries in the menu.

Also, 5. is it possible to change the dropdown menu icon that I've circled in red? (If so, are you able to tell me how I can do that?)

Thank you

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

For your first request, showing all countries on the dropdown, you can set the filter to "Always show all values for inputs" instead of "Show only available options for each input" in the custom search settings, check this screenshot hidden link

Read more about filters here https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/front-page-filters/

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any doubts.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.