Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Divi + Layouts + Woocommerce: My Account not displaying Woocommerce Notices

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Login errors and notifications do not appear on the My Account page when using Divi, Layouts, and WooCommerce.

Solution: Instead of placing the woocommerce-my-account shortcode directly in the Divi page builder, please place the shortcode in a Layout Visual Editor cell. This is currently the best way to integrate these 3 systems appropriately.

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bernhardK 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi there,

I am using theme Divi + Woocommerce + Toolset Layouts, Types, Views, Access - latest versions.

I am trying to get the woocommerce success/error/info notices displayed on my account page (where shortcode [woocommerce_my_account] is integrated). This is typically the "My Account" page.

I.E. if someone tries to login using wrong credentials or if someone updates his/her customers shipping/billing adress, no "successs" or "error" message is shown when using Divi + Layouts in combination.

This somehow has something to do with Layouts. Without the usage of Layouts, the error notices are getting shown by Divi.
I have also deactivated all other plugins and switched from child to original Divi theme.

How can I display the woocommerce notices on the my account page when using Divi + Layouts + Woocommerce?

As a workaround I tried to display the notices via a shortcode on the myaccount page (hidden link). It is working somehow, but not streamlined. The output is shown on the very top of the page and editing pages, where the shortcode is integrated, is not possible anymore.

Hopefully you have a solution for this.

Best
Bernhard

Hi, that's strange. If you need to activate a plugin like Maintenance Mode to run these tests, that's fine:
- If you temporarily deactivate all plugins except Toolset plugins and WooCommerce 3.1.2, are the messages displayed appropriately with Divi active?
- If you temporarily deactivate all plugins except Toolset plugins, WPML plugins, and WooCommerce 3.1.2, are the messages displayed appropriately with Divi active?

Hi Christian,

the messages are not displayed either way.

Best
Bernhard

Okay thanks for testing. I would like to make a clone of your site so I can install it locally and run some additional tests without breaking your live site. I will install the Duplicator plugin and begin those tests as soon as possible, if you approve.

Hi Christian,

thanks. You may go ahead. 🙂

Best
Bernhard

Okay I have the clone, please stand by and I will update you when I have some more information. It will most likely be tomorrow as the day is ending for me here.

Okay I've been able to replicate this issue on my local test environment, and it seems to be happening with default themes as well. So I'm not sure that it's specific to Divi. I'm escalating this to my 2nd tier support team for additional investigation. Please stand by and I will update you shortly.

Hi Christian,

thanks for the update!

Best
Bernhard

After some discussion with the team, it appears that the best way to use the woocommerce_my_account shortcode is to place it in a Visual Editor cell when you're using Layouts. If you're not using Layouts, it's fine to include it in the Divi builder, but when Layouts are applied you end up with a race condition resulting from several overlapping filters. Please add a new Visual Editor cell to your Layout, place the shortcode here, and remove it from the post content / Divi editor area.

Thanks, Christian!

It works like a charm. 🙂

Best
Bernhard

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.