Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to add a footer section to Divi

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to add a footer section to Divi

Solution:
The Divi integration doesn’t offer a dedicated “Footer” cell, because there’s no need for one.

Just add a new row for the site’s footer and use the standard Layouts cells in it.

Your footer can include static texts (like “about us”), a menu, widgets, social icons and anything else that Layouts offers.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-divi-integration/

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Divi integration does not show a footer cell on Tools Layout. How come and how can we solve it?

This document shows the rows and Cells available for the DIVI integration:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-divi-integration/

The Cells are:
Logo
Primary Navigation
Header Elements
Sidebar

The Rows are:
Divi top header row
Divi header row
Divi content row

The Footer Cell is not something that is supposed to appear, as it does not exist.

To add a Footer, you can use the "classic" Layouts approach, which is to add a Visual Editor Cell and populate this with your Footer Content.

If you wish I can ask the Developers if it's in their plans to add a Footer Cell.

Can you - if you would like this - elaborate how the DIVI footer elements work?
Are there differnt Footer options in DIVI, or is this a simple "Text Editor" where you set your contents for the footer?
Are there social icons, or similar?

Every information in regard will be helpful

Hello Beda,

The footer is divided in two rows.

The first row can be divided in 1, 2, 3 or 4 columns. In them you can put widgets with any content.
You can have several widgets in each column.

The second row is the footer bar where you can put some additional text (via the footer.php) and the social icons (optional).

I have tried to make layouts with Toolset for each set of pages/post (with Divi integration on), but the pages with the layouts come out completely empty. Pages without a layour are fine.. How come?

Many thanks and best regards,

Ed.

I will query why our Developers do not include this in the available Cells, as it seems to be a quite powerful Section in the DIVI themes.

I will then get back at you with news as soon I have more informations.

For the other issues please open new Tickets.
If you use the Integration with the DIVI theme, this will work just fine, I suspect you do either use another Theme or perhaps not the integration Plugin.

Hi Beda,

Many thanks and best regärds,

Ed

The Footer is considered as not needed, as it can be added with Layouts Features.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.