Skip Navigation

[Closed] Distance value not appearing for all results in a View upon page load

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have two issues. First is speed (see https://toolset.com/forums/topic/issues-with-map-loading-speed-and-issues-with-distance-value/).

Okay, the second issue...
[toolset-maps-distance-value location='[users_ip_location]' target_source='postmeta' postmeta='wpcf-dealer-address' postmeta_id='[wpv-post-id]' decimals='2']
...and...[toolset-maps-distance-value origin_source='visitor_location' postmeta='wpcf-dealer-address']

These shortcodes only work in the first few iterations of a loop. Sometimes if you refresh the page or run ajax you can get all the iterations. But I've never seen all iterations show up on the first load.

---- Reference from previous ticket ----

Right now the view structure for the 'buy local map' is:

1. Master View
- Renders search controls, primary map, and html structure for controls, map and results
This view is set to render no results with PHP for $query_args['post__in'] = array(0);, and in the no results section we have conditionals to handle which nested view should be delivered.

2. Shortcode Attribute Results View - INSIDE Radius - Nested in "1. Master View"
- Renders results based on a shortcode attribute which is a variable generated by a very fast and simple IP API JSON service.
- This outputs 50 closest results within a 60 radius which is sorted by distance.

3. URL Parameter Results View - INSIDE Radius - Nested in "1. Master View"
- Renders results based on the URL Parameter which is generated when a user clicks 'use my location' or searches an address. This also renders if a user is coming from an IP address that is associated with a mobile service provider, again, using the very fast and simple IP API JSON service to make that determination.
- This outputs 50 closest results within a 60 radius which is sorted by distance.

4. Shortcode Attribute Results View - OUTSIDE Radius - Nested in "2. Shortcode Attribute Results View - INSIDE Radius"
- Renders results based on a shortcode attribute which is a variable generated by a very fast and simple IP API JSON service.
- When INSIDE Radius has no results within 60 miles of the location, this outputs 50 closest results starting at 1 mile outside the radius which is sorted by distance.

5. URL Parameter Results View - OUTSIDE Radius - Nested in "3. URL Parameter Results View - INSIDE Radius"
- Renders results based on the URL Parameter which is generated when a user clicks 'use my location' or searches an address.
- When INSIDE Radius has no results within 60 miles of the location, this outputs 50 closest results starting at 1 mile outside the radius which is sorted by distance.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link - click buy local

I'll take whoever is assigned, but I'd prefer someone in my timezone (central US) as it's always easier with the schedule.

Okay I'll take a look. When I test this page, I get two results in the Buy Local map, and both have distance value calculated and displayed correctly. Can you recommend a way to test this to produce more results to see the problem? Should I hard-code some location in the shortcode attribute?

Private reply fields available here in case you respond to this ticket before the performance ticket.

The topic ‘[Closed] Distance value not appearing for all results in a View upon page load’ is closed to new replies.