Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Displaying sub categories in Archive View

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there,

I have an issue I wondered whether you can help me with.

I have a Taxonomy setup with Parent categories and under these various children.

1. On the main search on the homepage (hidden link) - you can see all the categories including children are listed.

2. I have setup a WordPress Archive View (hidden link)). However, only the current selected category is displayed (I want to show Parent and other children of that taxonomy). Obviously once someone is in a parent category they should have the option to filter to another sub category.

Can you help? I'm hoping this doesnt require custom code and maybe there's somehting you can suggest.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Paul,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm assuming that this is a search built on the custom archive itself?

Since this is a taxonomy archive the taxonomy will always get prefiltered to the one being viewed. The issue is because each individual term will have its own archive generated and that would mean the search can only target those specific posts.

Unfortunately this one isn't possible because of how archives work with the taxonomy filter. SO even if there are sub categories you will need to go to the sub categories taxonomy.

This one will need some custom code in order to resolve.

I hope this clears up the issue for you.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.