Skip Navigation

[Closed] Displaying shared taxonomy accross all post types

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 11 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Sam

I have a number of custom post types that all have the same categories and tags but no matter what I do I can only get taxonomy to show for the default post types not the custome ones. I have tried to update the Content Template settings for Taxonomy archive loops’for Archive and Taxonomy Pages always shows up as no posts when related to custom post types. I want to be able to display shared taxonomy accross all post types for categories and posts. What am I missing?

Sam

hidden link (custom post type)
hidden link (tag assigned to the custom post)
hidden link (category assigned the custom post)

hidden link
hidden link (tag assigned to the post)
hidden link (category assigned the post)

Sam

I just want to display Title, Featured Image, and maybe Except I tried creating really basic views and view templates for both

and applied to Views for Taxonomy archive loops and Content Template settings for Taxonomy archive loops - they will work but only with the default post types

Currently I have it set to 'none'

Hi Sam,

WordPress by default is only listing posts in the category/tag archive pages.
If you are using a custom post type, you can create a custom taxonomy to go with it and it will behave as you expect.

And you can try the solution in another thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/include-custom-post-type-in-category-search-archive-results/

Regards
Luo

Sam

Okay I guess that makes sense, but why can I elect to have the tags and categories show up under the custom post types in the first place? The tags and categories work when pulled by views as a custom query. Is there no way to allow the existing tags and categories to be pulled across all post types using a custom template file?

Yes, it is possible to allow the existing tags and categories to be pulled across all post types using a custom template file

You can create custom theme files for tags and categories to output the result you want. such as:
category.php
category-{slug}.php
tag.php
tag-{slug}.php

More help: http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy

The topic ‘[Closed] Displaying shared taxonomy accross all post types’ is closed to new replies.