Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Displaying Google Maps

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vietN 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Picture2 TL.jpg
Picture1 TL.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Displaying Google Maps Dynamic Source in Custom Post Template
Get error "This page can't load Google Maps correctly." inside the Toolset Settings > Map and Custom Post Template Editor even I have 2 workable Google Map API Keys

It worked yesterday but today it doesn't work. Other Toolset block are working fine but I had a lot of problems with the Maps Plugin

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Followed Map Guidelines
Have "Google API seems to be configured properly". (green color)
Have 2 API keys: one is restricted to the HTTP Referral, the other to the IP address.
Read a lot of tickets on other people having problems with the Maps plugin

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

That is really strange.

Can you please share problem URL as well as admin access details so I can review your content template settings and map block settings and check whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I checked with my test Google map API key and I can see the map is loaded as expected on frontend. Please check the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

Then when I checked with your registered google map API key - it shows me message:

OVER_QUERY_LIMIT - Something went wrong while retrieving your map, please ensure you have entered the short code correctly. 

Also, it shows me the following message on browser's console:

You have exceeded your request quota for this API. 

Can you please check the limit on your Google Map API keys.

Dear Minesh,

Thanks for your fast feedback. The issue lies with Google Maps. They limit their quotas/query to 1, basically prohibiting services in Vietnam. I'll try Azure maps and see how it goes.

It'd be great if Toolset integrates OpenStreetMap. Google Maps is also very expensive.

Here is a reply from Google Support:

"Please note that according to our Maps Platform Terms of Service, section 3.2.3 (g) [1], usage in prohibited territories is not allowed, and Vietnam is on the list of Prohibited Territories [2].

It is not permissible to set up Maps APIs using projects associated with a billing account from a prohibited territory, or include Maps APIs with a Customer Application [3] built for use within a prohibited territory"

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.