Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Displaying a view of related posts of a related post

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user has used a relationship query filter on a view, but it does not give the expected results.

Solution:
It turned out that the user was not using the correct relationship.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stuart 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

- Display a list of sites, related to an EOI, related to the current map.
- Display a related post's location marker in a map.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Stuart,

There was a glitch in our system that did not convert the chat correctly to a forum thread. I reported it to our systems team and it will be fixed soon. I'll let you know when it is done.

However, I worked on the copy of your website and I find out the issue to display the view of the related sites, and the related EOI's marker.

There was actually two issues:
1. The wrong relationship was used in the item attribute. It should be:

[wpv-view name="site-maps-view" wpvrelatedto="[wpv-post-id item="@eoi-map.parent"]"]

For the view, instead of:

[wpv-view name="site-maps-view" wpvrelatedto="[wpv-post-id item="@eoi-site-connect.parent"]"]

You can use the same in the marker shortcode too:

[wpv-marker ... item="@eoi-map.parent"]

2. The other issue is about the post you were testing with. The map post /map/kumho-tyres-1746/ was not linked to any EOI's post. Test with /map/bunnings-1607 instead.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

This is partially an issue for me, but under another ticket... 🙂 so lets close this one ...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.