Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Displaying a custom taxonomy term in each item of a dynamic grid

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pascalS 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to display the relevant custom taxonomy term in each item of a dynamically generated grid.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, I have been looking through old support tickets with no success

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes, you can view the example on the homepage of the site in question (url in ticket).
On the site you will see various media titles being listed. On each there is "TV content" and "Film"
It should only be showing one of these.
I have created a "view" of the custom taxonomy displaying the [wpv-taxonomy-title]
But when I add a filter (Taxonomy set by current post) it returns a "No items found" resoponse.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Pascal,

There are 2 ways to do this.

The first method is by using the taxonomy shortcode
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-taxonomy

The second is by using a child view. In your case you set the filter to "Taxonomy set by current post" which will list out the terms for the current post in a parent view, however in your case this isn't working.

Could you try the first method and let me know if it produces any results ?

Thanks,
Shane

screenshot-1.jpg

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I did try that before with no luck. I have re-implemented it here so you can see the screenshot and navigate to the page.
On the test "xxx" shows up. Nothing comes through with that shortcode.
Open to trying any other suggestion.
James

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pascal,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site so that I can check the exact context in which you're using this ?

Please also send me a link to the page as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi James,

Thank you for the credentials.

I believe I understand what is happening here and there isn't much that I can do about this, it would appear to be a case where the shortcode isn't able to get the taxonomy from the posts being listed.

It can be a case where the dynamic source isn't providing an ID for the shortcode. What I recommend that you do is to get in touch with the WP Bakery team and check to see if they have a way to provide the ID as a shortcode using their dynamic content or a method to display custom taxonomies.

I see where they can display the default taxonomies but not custom ones.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.