Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Site and User Language preferences

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The Toolset does not respect the Users language preferences.
When you select language A for the whole site and language B for an user, when you login as this user you will read Toolset in the language A.

Solution:
This is solved in all Toolset plugins current stable releases.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by simon 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I'm building a site in German (not a language I know). As of WP 4.7 I can select the wp-admin language in my user profile to be different to the site language.
Toolset does not use this setting, it seems to just use the Site Language setting.

Could this be changed? - Toolset admin should use the user admin language if set.

Thanks

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Simon

Thanks for the feedback.

I am trying to remember if we did anything that could be causing this, because as far as I understand, the backend language is set by WordPress and we indeed should respect that. However, as Views are not a translatable post type, maybe we are inded doing somethign to ensure that our queries to display them in the backend (say listing pages, or even the single edit page) are not messed up by WPML.

Before getting my hand full of code, I checked this, and with our latest development version /which kind of matches the latest beta we released) the admin pages for Views, Content Templates and WordPress Archives indeed get translated to the user selected language. Yes, there are some (maybe too many) places where the translation is missing, and we have plans to update it, but overall the main things on the page are already in the right language.

Mind to share a screenshot? I do feel that I am missing something and I would not like to 🙂

Thanks!

wj view detail.png
wj toolset menu.png
wj site dashboard.png
wj user settings.png
wj site settings.png

Toolset does respect the Site default language, but not the user language if it set.

You can see from the attached images that:

• My site language is German
  • My user language is English
  • My site dashboard is English
  • Toolset menu shows many options in German
  • View detail is in German

The site is running latest version of everything.

Best,

Hello Simon...

Somehow this thread got lost.

Toolset admin should use the user admin language if set.

This should be solved meanwhile

Can you confirm it?

Hey Beda,
I can say that this is resolved. Thanks,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.