Skip Navigation

[Resolved] display setting

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author
output.PNG
parametric search.PNG
product_taxonomy.PNG

Hello, I am having an output trouble.

I have created a taxonomy (see the attached taxonomy.png). Then, in the parametric filter setting, I set hide_empty to false, which I understand it as NOT to hide taxonomies with no items.

However, in the end, the output, as seen from the attachment, output.png, it shows only the two taxonomies that have items and not the empty ones.

May I doing something wrong?

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hello, Horng.

Thank you for contacting the Toolset support forum.

If you haven't done so, I'd like to ask you to please update all your Toolset plugins to latest official release.
We release a big update for all Toolset plugins this week.
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

hide_empty can be applied only if you have configured everything else right.
Can you confirm that the view that you have created is a view that is filtered by the desirable taxonomies?

Could you please try following steps:
- Remove the wpv-control shortcodes for the broken taxonomy filters, and related query filters.
- Recreate the taxonomy filters using the "New Filter" button in the Filter editor toolbar.

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply!

Thanks,
Itamar.

output codes.PNG
filter settings.PNG

Attached are the settings that I used and the resulted codes.

Also, form the picture attachment, "output.png", there are bullet points next to the check boxes. Is it supposed to do that or did the programmer forgot to comment/style out the bullet points? Looks weird having bullet points next to the check boxes.

This is Beda, I will assist you with this.
I hope this is OK for you.

1. I confirm the issue with bullets next to the Checkboxes.

I am informing the developers in this regard.
For now you will need to use Custom CSS to style those differently.

2. The issue with the empty terms not shown in the Parametric Search is as follows:

1. You set up a new (brand new) View and query (display) a post type

2. You do *NOT* set anything in the Section "Parametric Search Settings"
(NOTHING, no radio is selected)

3. Insert a Filter to the HTML Editor for the parametric Search Filter for your taxonomy, using the GUI "Add New Filter"
Choose to always show all terms (just as you did)

4. Insert something in the Loop to output

5. Insert the View to a page

All (also empty) terms will be shown

As soon you choose ANY setting in the section "Parametric Search Settings" those will hide.

I am reporting this as well.

Thank you for the report and I hope I can update you here ASAP with good news.

Or, you can choose the Parametric Setting "Let me choose individual settings manually" > "Always show all values for inputs"

This setting works, as just tested on a NEW View.

Nonetheless, it's still unexpected, as we want the Control in the GUI "Add New Filter" to take the decision if nothing specific is set.

Hello Horng,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I'm working on the issue. please wait and I will get back to you again.

Thanks.

Thank you, hopefully the bugs can be fixed soon. I really enjoy working with Toolset.

Hi Horng,

Thank you for your patience.

I've reported your issues and here is the feedback:

-About the bullets next to the Checkboxes, we can't change this right now because a lot of clients already depending on the old style and you can change its style easily.

-About the issue with the empty terms, this also already been reported as follows:

We have two options that affect the options in the select menu or checkboxes for the search filters
1-Parametric Search Settings > Which options to display in the form inputs
-Always show all values for inputs
-Show only available options for each input

2-The Filter settings > Terms without any post:
-Include - list terms even if no post uses them
-Exclude - only list terms which are assigned to posts

How this will act?:
If there is no setting for the filter, then the parametric search settings should be considered, otherwise, the filter settings should have the first priority.

So, the priority here will be to the filter then to the parametric search settings.

Please let me get your feedback.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.