Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display repeating field groups from related posts

This support ticket is created 2 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcialB 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi there

I create a view that shows related posts. In that view I'd like to display information from a repeating field from the related posts.

I was playing around with the item='' attributes but wasn't able to achieve anything.

My setup:
- I have courses (CPT "course").
- Every course contains modules (CPT "module").
- Modules are connected to courses by a relationship.
- Every module has a repeating field group for start and end date and time.
- My view is part of the "course" layout and should show the upcoming modules including their dates. The view thus shows all modules in a relationship with the course. This part works - just the repeating fields are missing currently.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Marcial

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Marcial and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Repeating field groups cannot be displayed using the item attribute. They need to be displayed using a view. So, you are looking to have a view of modules, and inside its loop, you can put the view to display the RFG.

If you are building the view using the blocks editor, you should know that nested views are not yet supported in the blocks editor, you need to build the view to display the RFG inside a content template, then you can use the same view inside the modules view.
The RFG view needs to be related to the current post in the loop. Does it make sense?

Check this article's section https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/#displaying-repeatable-field-groups

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.