I create a view that shows related posts. In that view I'd like to display information from a repeating field from the related posts.
I was playing around with the item='' attributes but wasn't able to achieve anything.
- I have courses (CPT "course").
- Every course contains modules (CPT "module").
- Modules are connected to courses by a relationship.
- Every module has a repeating field group for start and end date and time.
- My view is part of the "course" layout and should show the upcoming modules including their dates. The view thus shows all modules in a relationship with the course. This part works - just the repeating fields are missing currently.
Hello Marcial and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.
Repeating field groups cannot be displayed using the item attribute. They need to be displayed using a view. So, you are looking to have a view of modules, and inside its loop, you can put the view to display the RFG.
If you are building the view using the blocks editor, you should know that nested views are not yet supported in the blocks editor, you need to build the view to display the RFG inside a content template, then you can use the same view inside the modules view.
The RFG view needs to be related to the current post in the loop. Does it make sense?