Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display list of entries in template

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by AndreG3332 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have a "CPT" editor with quite a few check box fields.

When I create a template the display is single line entries with a "pipe" separator. The client request if we can display the list as a bullited list ie vertically down listed.

Is that possible as the default is a single line and we want a downward list

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Andre,

I'm not sure I understand fully. Are you able to provide me with a screenshot or example of the shortcode that you're using and what is being displayed on the frontend as well as the data in the field on the backend.

You mentioned that this is a single line field. Is it a repeating field ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

profile skills editing field backend.png
profile skills editing field.png

Hi Shane
I am attaching a screen print of the profile. Looking specifically at the Skills field. There are various entries for that field. This was captured on a post form with the options shown as tick boxes.

In the profile, I use the fields and text box to connect it to the skill data in the CPT, with those settings. Obviously, it offers me to use separators ie pipe in this case. However, the client would prefer it not next to each other but under each other like in an "un-numbered or numbered list". I have not seen anywhere an option to change the way the info is presented on the front end.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Andre,

It would be difficult to achieve this however you can add a line break tag to break the items into multiple lines.

<br /> 

This should get the items to break into multiple lines.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.