Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display File on Frontend

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi Team,
I have created a file type custom user field for attaching user reports. Now I want to display that attached file (PDF/Image) on front-end. I have tried your previous solutions posted on previous tickets but that didn't worked. Could you please help me?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

HI Ankit,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Where would you want to display the custom field ? Is it a profile page for that specific user?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

I have created a page, in which I want to display file on front-end. It will show the logged-in users related data only. Just kind of profile page.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ankit,

In this case you only need to add the Types shortcode related to the custom field on the page and the data should show up as intended.

Meaning if you use
[types usermeta='my-field'][/types]

Then it should show the correct information because this will default to showing the info of the currently logged in uer.

Thanks,
Shane

okay but how to show/preview PDF on front-end with this shortcode?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ankit,

Showing the preview of the PDF file itself is not something that our Toolset plugin handles. This will need to be done by a separate 3rd party plugin or custom code.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.