Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display Custom Field from Term as Radio Button Filter

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aprilA 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
term list.png
example.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to recreate a similar layout to the search page below. I have already created a custom term for my CPT. That custom term has an additional custom field that links to an image. What I would like to do is display the terms as a filter, but display the terms custom field image as the radio button.

I have attached a screenshot of what I am trying to recreate with Toolset and what the custom term fields are.

What is the link to your site? This is a work in progress so it most likely might change by the time this support ticket is looked at.
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

It seems that you were already able to build a radio buttons filter and style it using icons by using custom CSS code such as the following hidden link

Currently, Toolset views' filters do not offer any way to customize how they appear. I can think of a workaround using a taxonomy view because taxonomy views are the only way to pull the term fields. The idea is to hide the filter using CSS, use a taxonomy view that will display the terms in a radio button using their term fields, then use Javascript code to synchronize the selection to the view's filter. Does it make sense?

Thanks for looking into this. I was able to do what I wanted with custom CSS and some JS. I just was wanting to make sure there isn't a better method vs this custom CSS tweaking. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.