Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display cred taxonomy inline

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a custom taxonomy field displayed as checkboxes in a Form. I would like the checkboxes to appear inline instead of one per line.

Solution: Use Bootstrap 4's inline form element classes to force an inline display.

Relevant Documentation:
https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.3/components/forms/#inline

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mario 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Display cred taxonomy inline

<div class="form-group ">
<label>Do you have experiences providing any of these services?</label>
[cred_field field='p-experience' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='checkbox']
</div>

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/styling-filter-checkboxes/

I have tried using the example but has not worked.

The example isn't for CRED, it's for a custom search View's filter. Is your site using Bootstrap 4? If so, I can show you how to implement their inline forms like shown here: https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.3/components/forms/#inline

Hi Chris
I have change Bootstap loading from 3 to 4.

Yes, some assistance would be great.

You'll have to use expert mode in the Form builder. Wrap your taxonomy shortcode in a div with the class "tssupp-inline":

<div class="tssupp-inline">
  [cred_field field='your-taxonomy-slug' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='checkbox']
</div>

Then in the Form's JS panel, add some custom code to add the form-check and form-check-inline classes to each list item:

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    setTimeout(function() {
        $('.tssupp-inline li.checkbox').addClass('form-check form-check-inline');
    }, 500 );
});

That should implement Bootstrap 4's inline checkboxes display. Let me know if you have questions about that.

Excellent. Is there a way to put a border around the taxonomy?

I'm not sure I know exactly where you want the border, but you can use CSS like so:

.tssupp-inline {
  border:1px solid black;
}

Or wrap your taxonomy shortcode in another element and apply your styles there.

The code below - raps all the taxonomies in one box rather than each taxonomy.

<div class="tssupp-inline">
<div class="boarder-tax">
[cred_field field='p-service' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='checkbox']
</div>
</div>

.boarder-tax {
border:1px solid black;
}

You could add the border to the form-check-inline class, or target the list item inside the boarder-tax class instead.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.