Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Disconnect draft and trashed child's posts to parent post in admin area

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello, I am using Toolset to build custom post types, fields, and relationships. using APIs to communicate with an external system. So, the custom post type relationships in between in admin is a very important thing. I just noticed only if child posts get trashed then emptied, the child posts are still listed on the parent post, no matter whether it was draft or trashed. but I want only published posts can be listed on the parent post, how can I achieve it? Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I checked but there is no such feature available to filter the posts displayed within the post-relationship box based on the specific post status.

I'm agree with you and could be a good addition to our product and for that you should raise a new feature request using the following form and our product manager will review it accordingly present in front of our Devs if they agree upon to add this new feature.
=> https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Please note that there is no ETA when the feature will be added. For now, if you require any customization, you can consult with our certified partners:
=> https://toolset.com/contractors/

Is it possible to share a piece of code for this purpose before this feature gets achieved?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

As of now there is no workaround I have to offer to you otherwise I should have shared with my previous reply. You can say it's a limitation at the moment and no workaround available.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.