Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Disappointed with lack of subscription support

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Conrad 3 years, 5 months ago.

Author

Hey as much as I've been impressed with the power of your plugin I'm very unimpressed with your documentation. I was under the impression that I could use WooCommerce subscriptions add-on with your plugin and spent big bucks to get it. Then found out all your links about it now go to this membership course that has single product purchasing and no real memberships using the Credit form..? Its not a real membership website if its just a one time fee to register?? It's very misleading.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Conrad

We did have some documentation relating to using WC Subscriptions alongside Toolset, but as you may be aware we are transitioning away from a legacy version of our plugins to using Blocks, and we don't have live documentation about features or integrations that haven't been tested and verified as viable with the new block-based workflows.

In the case of WC Subscriptions I can say that a key limitation is that you cannot use Toolset Forms to register users, you must use the interface provided by WC Subscriptions to register at the checkout (see the Accounts tab under WC settings).

You need to make a new subscription product, setting up the price and duration, and then in WC Settings in the Subscriptions tab set the Default and Inactive roles (another limitation, one active and one inactive role).

As I say this hasn't been tested for some time, but those are the basic requirements/steps if you want to check for yourself.

Improving the features relating to membership sites is on our to-do list, but it is a question of juggling development priorities, and I can't say for now when we will have any significant changes in this respect, keep an eye on the blog for announcements.

Thanks for your response and explanation but that is a huge bummer. There needs to be some way to create an account with payment or the WooCommerce payment form of CRED seems a bit redundant. Its great for purchasing a subscription product maybe, but as most people use toolset to create membership sites it does seem like a bit of an oversight. Especially based on the number of support tickets I've now come across on this topic, even one other from a week ago.

But again, I appreciate the response. Cheers.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.