Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Disable Toolset Button Beaver Builder

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by leonardF 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

How can i disable this little plus button that the views plugin adds to all text fields inside Beaver Builder popups. It shows the "Toolset - Fields and Views" modal window when pressed? It confused the users and slows down my site a lot when using the ultimate beaver modules.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Leonard,

Can you provide me with admin access to the site so that I can get a first hand look at the issue? I may need to grab a copy of the site as well.

Please send the credentials and an example page where I can experience the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane. I don't have time for that at the moment. I have just wiped the whole contents of the files vendor/toolset/toolset-common/res/js/toolset-shortcode.js for now and performance has improved now that it is no longer adding those buttons.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Leonard,

Thank you for the update. Unsure of what else left to do on this ticket because in order to raise the issue with our 2nd tier supporters and possibly bring it further I would need to be able to grab a duplicator with the issue for them to identify what exactly is causing the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
Sorry i can't be of more help but basically it was these lines of code. I commented out the contents of the function and it saved my site from slow loading on pages with Ultimate Beaver Builder modules.

/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/res/js/toolset-shortcode.js

/**
     * Button to append to inputs eligible for getting Fields and Views shortcodes.
     * @since 3.0.8
     */
    self.buttonInInput = $( '<a class="toolset-shortcode-in-page-builder-input js-toolset-shortcode-in-page-builder-input">+</a>' );

/**
     * Init the eligible textfield inputs shortcodes generator on focus.
     * @since 3.0.8
     */
    self.initInputButton = function() {
        toolset_shortcode_i18n.integrated_inputs = toolset_shortcode_i18n.integrated_inputs || [];
        $.each( toolset_shortcode_i18n.integrated_inputs, function( key, input_selector ) {
            $( document )
                .on( 'focus', input_selector, function() {
                    // @todo check whether this takes the focus out of the input
                    if ( $( this ).parent( '.js-toolset-shortcode-in-page-builder-input-wrapper' ).length == 0 ) {
                        $( this ).wrap( '<span class="js-toolset-shortcode-in-page-builder-input-wrapper" style="display:inline; position:relative;"></span>' );
                    }
                    $( this ).addClass( 'js-toolset-shortcode-in-page-builder-input-target' )
                            .before( self.buttonInInput.css( 'display', 'block' ) );
                });
        });
    };

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.