Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Direction link of the address on the Google Map?

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Kan

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to show the link for the direction to the address shown on the Google Map with a marker. As you can see from this web page (hidden link), the address (376 Pleasant Street, Northampton, MA) is shown as a marker on the Google Map but there is no place to click on for the direction to go to this place.

If you go to Google and type in the address (hidden link), you will be able to see the place to show the address. Or, better yet, if you put the code from Google Map, <iframe src="hidden link" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>, you will be able to show the "direction" link on that map with a marker on it. Basically, how can we show the "direction" link on the Google Map in the Toolset Google Map setting? Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
This is what I'd like to see on my map with the "direction" link on it.
<iframe src="hidden link" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is there a similar example that we can see?
<iframe src="hidden link" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What is the link to your site?
The Google Map with markers do not show the "direction" links.
hidden link

Toolset maps doesn't allow to display directions or paths of any kind.

I just discussed this the other day with the Developers that it would be great to allow drawing paths on our maps, but there are no plans for this, and it's not possible at all currently.

We added few features, like the current user location as a marker or the distance between 2 points on the map, with the last release.
But paths and directions are not part of this.
Please see our changelog here:
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-maps/#changelog

I filed the requests for Toolset Maps:
- draw paths
- show directions

Kan

@Beda - Thank you very much for your quick response. I hope to see the Toolset Google Map plugin to add this "show direction" functionality soon as it is an important feature so that people can click on and it will show the starting point and direction to get to that place with the Marker on it. Thank you.

Sure!

I will update you here, or you can see it in the changelogs, if this gets released.

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.