Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Direct Search Results to another page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When using Elementor templates how to redirect a search View to another page for the results?

Solution:
The View widget includes the option to redirect to another page for the results. See the screenshot in the reply below: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/direct-search-results-to-another-page/#post-1296277

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pete 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi there,

We followed Dario's video a while back about creating a search bar.
hidden link

We need to refine this however, while I have seen this on a video...I can remember where!

Can I change this existing search, so when the SEARCH button is clicked, the results are show on a different page?

Thank you.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Pete

The option for this is available when you are inserting a custom search View into a page.

When you insert a View with the Fields and Views button the resulting dialog will ask whether you want to insert the search form and results, or to insert just the search form and insert the results separately.

The GUI guides you through what's required, it should be fairly straightforward, but if you can't do it for some reason then let me know.

Hi Nigel,

I know where this is when setting up a 'new' search, just wondering of this was able to be done to an existing one where the results are currently on the same page.

Guess I can remake the search again taking into account this. Worth an ask.

Nigel
Supporter

You don't need to make a new View, you just need to insert the View again. So wherever you currently have it (inserted with a wpv-view shortcode), delete that and insert it again using the Fields and Views button.

I should have said we're using Elementor, that said some of these pages will be using Gutenberg, none of which actually display the shortcode.

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 16.39.59.png

If it is inserted in an page designed with Elementor you need to edit the Views widget and update the settings, as shown in the screenshot.

Thanks Nigel for your helping in this, didn't know Elementor had that option 🙂

Appreciate your time, have a good weekend.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.