Skip Navigation

[Resolved] design template with WPBakery Page Builder

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
screencapture-macvac-ultimobyte-es-wp-admin-admin-php-2019-01-11-12_57_59.png
screencapture-macvac-ultimobyte-es-wp-admin-admin-php-2019-01-11-12_58_22.png

Hello,
I have a problem for design the template for a custom post through the Toolset panel. I am using Bridge template with WPBakery Page Builder. When a open the template for design I have not the option for use WPBakery Page Builder. I attached you a screenshoot.
Thanks in advanced.
Nuria Benaches.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 12.28.57.png

Hi Nuria

I can't reproduce the problem, I set up a test site with the Bridge theme and activated WPBakery, then went to create a content template for a custom post type, and I had the option to use WPBakery (see screenshot).

Can you add your debug info so I can see what versions you have installed?

hidden link

Hi Nigel,
Thanks for your quickly answer.
I send you the debug information
Thanks,
Nuria.

Nigel
Supporter

I thought perhaps the Classic Editor plugin might make a difference, but I checked that on my site and it does not.

Your site is using an older version of WPBakery (5.5.1 vs 5.6). That is bundled with your Bridge theme, which is also older (16.6 vs 17.2).

Can you update your theme—which should update your version of WPBakery—and then try again?

By the way, if you are using Types you shouldn't need the Classic Editor plugin. At Toolset > Post Types you can specify for each post type (including posts and pages) whether to use the classic editor or the Gutenberg editor.

screencapture-macvac-ultimobyte-es-wp-admin-admin-php-2019-01-14-11_21_38.png

I have not a license for update the version of WPBakey. Are there other solution?
I attached you a screenshot of the option of Editors thath I have in Toolset>Post Types. I cannot select WPBakery.
Thanks a lot
Nuria Benaches.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Nuria

Sorry, taking a closer look at your initial screenshots, I realise the problem is that you have Layouts active on your site.

You can use WPBakery to design Content Templates ("Plantillas de Contenido"), not Layouts.

Layouts is Toolset's own page builder, and can't be used directly together with another page builder (WP Bakery).

But because you have Layouts active on your site, in the Toolset dashboard when you go to create a template for your Artista post type it thinks you want to create a template with Layouts (a "Template Layout").

Either disable the Layouts plugin altogether, or if you want to use it selectively for certain content, delete any Template Layout you have assigned to Artistas and then go directly to Toolset > Content Templates (or Toolset > Plantillas de contenido) and create a Content Template for Artistas.

You should then be able to design that template with WPBakery.

(If you encounter problems with using an old version of WPBakery I can't help you there, as we only provide compatibility support for current versions.)

Hi Nigel,
I had disable Layouts plugin and now I can design template with WPBakery. That works correctly! Thanks.
So, actually, I have other problem. I have made a template design for "Artistas". Artistas is a post type of my WP thath have relationsship with "Obras". In my template I have insert fields Toolset for "Artistas" and for "Obras" but I can´t see any of them.
I attach you serveral screenshoots for explain it; one with the template and another for the relationship.
If you clic in this link, hidden link and select the artista "Alemany Masip Uiso" gives you a blank page and when you but directy the URL in navegator (hidden link) does not appears any information about his "obras" only the pdf link and the post title name.
Thanks in advance
Nuria.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Nuria

The reason that clicking on the artist name fails to take you to the artist page is because of a problem with your theme.

It has a setting to use ajax with animation to move between pages on the site rather than to simply navigate to pages as normal, and this is causing JavaScript errors. We have an internal ticket where this has been reported (just last week), and will be discussing with the theme authors the best way to resolve this, but in the meantime you will need to go to your theme settings and disable the option to use animation effects to navigate between pages.

As for what you see on the page when you access it directly, perhaps you neglected to insert the post content (using the wpv-post-body shortcode), which would output the content section of the post itself.

What other content is missing? If you have a parent-child relationship of Artistas << Obras then you would need to create a View to display the Obras belonging to an Artista and the Obras fields. (See https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-display-related-posts-with-toolset/displaying-related-child-posts/#3-creating-a-view-that-lists-the-children-of-the-parent-post)

fields and views shortcodes.jpg
screencapture-macvac-ultimobyte-es-wp-admin-admin-php-2019-01-15-11_02_14.png

Ups! I have not good luck with my theme :(.
I wait you can resolve this, this is a very big problem for me. Waiting for your comments...

About the View to display the Obras belonging to an Artista and the Obras fields. I had been creating the View following the documentation post that you send me but I think I am doing something wrong in the Loop Out section. Actually, I can see the content for Artista but the fields for Obra (image, year, técnica, tipología...) I can´t see anyone. I attached you a screenshot for the View, please could you review it?

Thanks a lot.
Nuria.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Nuria

In the screenshot of your View, in the Loop Output section there is nothing between the wpv-loop tags, so nothing will be output for each obra child post.

(You have added a types field shortcode with an id attribute of $current_page, but I am not sure what you intention is with that.)

This View is querying Obra posts, and to output fields from the Obra posts you would just use the Fields and Views button to insert the fields required.

I recommend you use the Loop Wizard, you can choose unformatted for the output format, and add the fields you want to include, opting to display them via a linked content template, which will be inserted immediately below. Then you can use the Fields and Views button to optionally add more fields if you need.

The only thing that would be different than any other View in this case is that, if you wanted to you could also display a field from the parent artist (e.g. "title of obra by name of artista"). For that, when using the Fields and Views button to insert fields there is a Post Selection tab where you can specify that the source of the field is not the current post but a parent post instead, which would add an attribute such as item="@relationship-slug.parent" to the shortcode.

Regarding the issue with your theme, we haven't determined yet whether it is something we are in a position to fix or whether the theme developers will need to fix it, and it may be some time before the issue is resolved. Disabling the theme animated ajax page transition means that the page navigations would then work in the same way that... page transitions on the vast majority of normal websites work, which is a factor in determining the priority with which this will be handled by the developers.

Hi Nigel.
I don´t get it. I have follow the steps you give me in the ticket above put the View does not show the fields for "obras". You can see it in hidden link, that description is for "Artista" and nothing for "obras". This author has 3 obras link to him.
I attached you the screenshot, please, could you help me?
Thanks in advanced
Nuria.

screencapture-macvac-ultimobyte-es-wp-admin-admin-php-2019-01-17-08_42_57.png

Now, I attached you the image.
Sorry!

Nigel
Supporter

The settings for the View from your screenshot look correct.

Did you insert this View to display obras into the template for artistas where you want the obras to appear?

screencapture-macvac-ultimobyte-es-wp-admin-admin-php-2019-01-17-11_16_13.png
screencapture-macvac-ultimobyte-es-wp-admin-admin-php-2019-01-17-11_15_49.png

I attached you screenshot for the Content Template for the parent post (Artistas-plantilla) and the template for the child post displaying the parent Content Template (Obra-Child Post).
Thanks,
Nuria

Nigel
Supporter

When I visit that link you shared, it doesn't look as if the Artista posts are using the content template you created for them.

Can I get credentials for your site and look myself?

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site, even though I don't intend to make any changes.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.