Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Date picker not working on Edit post form

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Timothy 3 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: To edit the post Group class using edit post form.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: like the add new Group class hidden link and this fields
hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link on hidden link you can see the edit link on the sidebar

Also there is another issue when you close the popup it doesn't scroll at all.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for getting in touch.

So the problem here has to do with the form being added in the pop-up. Given that the datepicker is using Javascript to initialise function, then the form will need to be click to on its own dedicated page.

What is essentially happen is the form is being dynamically loaded and not displayed directly on the page load, so all the required functions for the fields do not get loaded correctly.

This means that you will need to have your edit form on a separate page and not in the pop-up.

Are you aware of creating a separate page for the edit form or would you like be to guide you through this process?

Regarding the scroll issue it seems your pop-up code is breaking the page itself. Unfortunately this is not something that I can assist with since it involves custom code.

Please let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks. I do know how to add an edit form to a separate page. But is there anyway to load/re-trigger the datepicker to initialize when the popup is opened? Or perhaps I could add a button next to the dates that the user could click to activate those fields?

Tim

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Timothy,

Right now I don't have a solution for this as it is linked to how your modal system works. The UABB causes the code for the datepicker not to work as mentioned previously.

The functions that are responsible for the datepicker is expecting the datepicker to be on the actual page. Our datepicker is a custom datepicker that functions so that a timestamp can be saved to the database, so you can imagine the code for this is complex.

A simple call to reinitialise the datepicker doesn't exist at the moment. Replacing it with a standard datepicker won't work either because the fields requires a timestamp.

The resolution to this one would be to add the edit form as a separate page. If possible I can get a copy of your site to submit to our team for further analysis but I cannot guarantee a quick solution on this one from our side.

With your permission I would like to grab a copy of your site for further testing here locally.

Thanks,
Shane

I just used bootstrap modal and this fixes the issue, I think the UABB modal loads all sorts of other code. Thanks for the assistance.

Tim

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.