Skip Navigation

[Resolved] database update error

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasarc 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: update the db as asked by toolset

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: backend

I expected to see: db updated !! 😉

Instead, I got:

> The upgrade process is starting...
> Precondition "correct database layer mode"... OK
> Precondition "toolset_associations table exists"... ERR

this error is already reported in the forum, but I found no solution for it.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Can you tell me a little about the history of the site?

It already includes relationships? They were created with Types 2 or with Types 3?

If you look at the database (e.g. with phpMyAdmin) you can confirm that there is no such table as wp_toolset_associations?

Hi Nigel
thank you for your answer. First I have no associations.
I got two tables wp_toolset_associations_new and wp_toolset_associations_old
I deleted both to add a wp_toolset_associations but I think I missed something, do you have a SQL script to add this table ?
thanks

and sorry I didn't reply to your question. It's a quite old site with toolset on it from the beginning, around 6 years ago I think, so with an old version of Toolset, 2 I suppose. No relationship between tables, I first use it for custom field and now (this summer) I migrated all custom posts in Toolset (created by CPUI).
There is no wp_toolset_associations but a TABLESPACE, that block any new creation or copy from another DB.

Nigel
Supporter

I'm checking with the Types developer to see how to proceed based on the above, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I would say, though, based upon what you describe that it appears you are not using post relationships at all on this site, and so you can likely proceed without the migration.

Hi Nigel
thanks. Well, the site is going well, you're right, because I don't have relations, it's basic custom posts with custom fields to display different team members (researcher, PhD students etc) and three other cpt to display specific blog for master courses. Nothing really amazing.
I just want to be sure that I won't have any issue in the future 😉
best

Nigel
Supporter

This is with the developers, I don't have any feedback at the moment other than that this shouldn't affect your site in any meaningful way as you are not using relationships.

I'm marking this thread as escalated, and I'll update you when I have some news.

Thanks for the update
I'll wait 😉

Hi
any news on this, a solution to create the correct field in Phpmyadmin so to be able to correctly update ?
thanks

Nigel
Supporter

The developer has being trying to imagine the steps that would have led to this problem—you say the site doesn't have any relationships but the likely steps suggest at least one connection between posts was made at some point in the past—but, anyway, the key thing is that we want to be sure that when we publish the update for Types soon that the changes will be sure to work on your site.

Can I get a copy of your site to share with the developer for testing?

See hidden link

If you create a backup with Duplicator—be sure to exclude the uploads directory to keep the size down—you can share the packages with dropbox or similar here (the link will be hidden).

Hi Nigel
here's the link for the zip file including simple archive without uploads and the install php.

hidden link

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks for that. We look like we should be on course to release the plugin updates next week, with testing ongoing at the moment.

The developer will check the copy of your site to see that everything should work smoothly.

Hi
I update my site to the last toolset version, and still the same issue 🙁
I know that I can now hide it but still, it's an issue no ?
If you find a solution...
thanks

> The upgrade process is starting...
> Precondition "correct database layer mode"... OK
> Precondition "toolset_associations table exists"... ERR

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Thomas

I checked myself just now and the database migration completed successfully with the updated plugin versions.

Please go ahead and update (if you don't see the updates available, from the custom installer page—click the registered links—use the Check for updates button), and then run the migration as requested.

Thanks for your patience.

I have updated to 3.4.3 this morning, and there's still this issue, whatever I do.
Do you want access to the site, or to the SQL database to inquire ?
Or maybe you have a phpadmin script to create what is missing ?
thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.