Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom user fields not available in the settings for an "edit user" CRED form

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jakob 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have the exact same problem described in this thread:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-user-fields-are-not-available-in-an-edit-user-cred-form/

I can not add custom user fields when setting up an "edit user"-form, but they are available when it's a "create user"-form.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I checked this issue on my local install with minimum installation (only Toolset plugins + default theme ) and I do not able to reproduce this issue. Please check following screenshot:
=> hidden link

1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
Could you please try to create a test site on discover-wp.com and try to reproduce your issue?
=> https://toolset.com/faq/how-and-why-to-create-a-test-site-in-discover-wp/

3)
You are using old version of Views plugin, please kindly update Views to it's latest version 2.2.2.

Hi Minesh,

I have created a test site on discover-wp.com and as far as I can see, I have the exact same problem there.

I have created 2 user fields, "Vegetarian" and "Allergies". When I go to create an "edit user"-form, I can't find the fields, when I click "Add User Fields".

The form is for editing users with the "customer" user role created by WooCommerce.

The test site is hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please share your test site access details? I checked on test site and it's displaying the custom fields. I need to check your test site configurations in order to reproduce the issue.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I see the issue now. Please allow me to consult our developers and I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please try to fix your issue by applying the following hotfix and try to reolsve your issue.
=> https://toolset.com/errata/scaffolding-not-produce-user-fields-properly/

I can confirm that the hotfix solves the problem 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.