Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom User Field Descriptions shows up over wrong fields

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Toolset User Fields Descriptions Error.png

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: See screenshot enclosed.

I expected to see: Description above related field.

Instead, I got: Not distanced below. Very confusing for users.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - I can see the issue. I'll escalate it to Devs but as we just release a new set of Toolset plugin version, you should not expect the fix soon.

Hi Support,

Hope that you can fix this real soon as we regard it as a grave usability error.

Crossing our fingers!!!

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I already escalated the issue to our next level support and you are welcome to close this ticket.

The fix will be added in future but there is no ETA on it for now.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I already escalated the issue to our next level support and you are welcome to close this ticket.

The fix will be added in future but there is no ETA on it for now.

Minesh
Supporter

For now as a workaround you should use a custom CSS fix but you will have to compromise that the description will stay below the input field but with correct margin so it will look like that the description is belongs to correct field.

Assuming that the correct format is for the description should appear below the input, but that the spacing should be such that the gaps make it clear which field the description belongs to.

You should try to add the following CSS code using custom CSS plugin or any other method.

.wpcf-profile-line-right {
    margin-bottom: 2em;
}
.wpcf-profile-line-right > .wpt-field {
    margin-bottom: 0;
}

And there is not a fix as how post field are displayed and user profile fields are displayed are different. For post field, it will be displayed as field label at top and then input field but on profile page it displays as field label on left and input on right.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.