Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom taxonomy view suddenly giving 404 Page Not Found error

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Toolset team helped me set up custom post type and custom taxonomy to create an online learning site a few years ago. I've been using it since then without this current problem happen.

Recently, the class displays have been giving a 404 Page Not Found error. I have been able to resolve it 3 different times in 3 different ways and the issue continues to return.

This is an example of one of the class pages: hidden link
The custom post type is Online Class Chapter and the Taxonomy is Class Parts.

Once I was able to solve it this way:
hidden link

Another time I resolved it by resetting the permalinks.
And another time I resolved it by using Cloudflare Under Attack mode and freeing up server resources.

I am not clear on why this is happening in the first place but it is a big problem because my users cannot access their classes.
Can you advise?

I didn't see a place to upload login information... so I guess I'm going to have to wait until you ask me for it and then we'll go from there. Meanwhile my site is down...

I was able to fix it again (I'm sure temporarily) by resetting the permalinks. I would still like a permanent fix. Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

That is really strange thing and glad that you fix it.

We need exact step information that should lead us to reproduce the issue so I suggest you should keep close eye on steps you follow before the issue arise and share those steps that should help us to reproduce the issue.

Hi, I am not able to provide steps as I have no idea why this is happening. It happening randomly on its own. I have no idea how to reproduce the issue.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

In that situation we cant help much as we do not see any other user with the same report.

I suggest you should keep close eye on the issue and try to identify on what action the issue is happening as we need something to start our investigation with.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.