Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom search pagination

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to add pagination controls to my View, but the button is inactive.

Solution: Scroll to the top right corner of the screen. Click "Screen Options" to open the options panel, where you can activate "Pagination and Sliders Settings" and "Search and Pagination". Then you should be able to add pagination settings for your View, including pagination controls.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-pagination/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by domenicoS 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,

I've created a Custom search with custom port type.

When I set the view I had choose as option "Display the result using a custom search".

I set averything, and all it works fine.

But I've an issue with the pagination. It does not allow me to set a pagination because the button is deactivated.

Can you help me?

Hi, please edit the View or archive, and scroll to the top right corner of the screen. Click "Screen Options" to open the options panel, where you can activate "Pagination and Sliders Settings" and "Search and Pagination". Then you should be able to add pagination settings for your View, including pagination controls.

More information about pagination can be found in the documentation here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-pagination/

Thank you Christian. I've select the page and now I see the information.

I've actiate the pagination but it work to set the numer of item for each page but I do not see the page controll.

I will be glad to take a closer look if you provide login credentials in the private reply fields here. Please let me know where to find the View on your site.

Hi, I moved the pagination shortcode into the Loop Editor area, and it seems to be working okay now. Where would you like to display the pagination?

I have advice for using Toolset with Divi:
1. Do not use Toolset Layouts and Divi together. Choose one or the other, but not both at the same time.
2. Do not use Toolset's Bootstrap library and Divi together. Divi has its own Bootstrap library that conflicts with Toolset's library. If you want to use Divi, you should go to Toolset > Settings > General and choose "This site is not using Bootstrap CSS".
More information about using Toolset and Divi together: https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.