Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom search – default open parent categories – on click show child categories

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
parent-child.png

Tell us what you are trying to do? create a search Parent categories shown, when clicked opens child categories

Is there a similar example that we can see? Attached

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Live Example - hidden link

Thanks

Main companies page - hidden link
Single companies page - hidden link

Can you please take a look, I have followed the video tutorials and I am getting very different results.

Should look like this -
hidden link
hidden link

Hi, taxonomy search filters in Views are output in a fairly rigid format, and you don't have many options for filtering the search inputs to apply modifications at different hierarchical levels. So in order to create separate hierarchical groups of terms, you would have to build your own custom search filter system using Views that output custom filters and options, and apply custom JavaScript code to interact with those filters. It would be fairly complex, so a toggle on/off hierarchical filter system like this would require custom code that is beyond the scope of what we support here in the forums, unfortunately. It think it's something that a Toolset Contractor may be able to assist you with, if you're interested in professional assistance. We've recently revamped the Contractors section to provide better access to our Contractor resources:
https://toolset.com/contractors/

okay thank you for the info, we may customise the search at a later date.

On the main result page - How do I display the search bar on the left and the content on the right?

On the single page - how do I remove the side bar and the double page title that is showing.

I'll be glad to take a look at your site to make some recommendations about layout modifications. May I kindly ask you to open a separate ticket for this request? Our support policy requires that we address one issue per ticket. Thanks for helping us keep the forum organized.

When you create the new ticket, please provide information about how to log into your site - I'm currently only able to see "Coming Soon!" on all the pages.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.