Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom registration form

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

Hi,

I made a custom registration form, where I collect data like birthday of the user, but I can't find a list of registered users with the custom data anywhere. I even tried looking directly into the database with no luck.
When there is a custom registration form, there should be a list of submissions with those custom data. Would you tell me where that list is, bucause im having no luck finding it.

greetings,

B.Nasiri

Hello, if you created a this registration Form in wp-admin > Toolset > User Forms, you should be able to find all the submissions in the built-in WordPress User dashboard area in the wp-admin main menu link Users. Typically this User dashboard page has a URL like /wp-admin/users.php, so you could go directly to that URL if the main menu link is not visible for some reason. In this case, each Form submission should create a new User profile containing the information collected in the Form. Those User profiles could then be found in the database table wp_users, and custom field data collected for each User would be found in the wp_usermeta table.

On the other hand, if you created a custom post type called "Users", then you might have created a Form that creates new User posts in Toolset > Post Forms, instead of registering WordPress Users. You can see how a custom post type called "Users" is confusing. Users is also the name of a built-in WordPress feature. In this rare case, the Form submissions would go into a custom post type called Users. You could find those posts in the Users custom post type dashboard at a URL like /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=user-post-type-slug, where user-post-type-slug corresponds to the slug of your Users custom post type. Submissions to that Form would be found in the database table wp_posts, and custom field information would be found in wp_postmeta.

If you are unable to find the Form submissions in /wp-admin/users.php or in a Users custom post type dashboard at a URL like /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=user-post-type-slug, I will be glad to take a closer look. Please provide login credentials in the private reply fields and I can check your admin area to see what is going on. Let me know a URL where I can find the registration form you referred to, on the front-end of your site.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.