Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom post type – Archive Single page – Filter not working

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Get my locations dropdown filter to work on my Custom Post Type Single Archive page.
I have a CPT called Trainings . It has a dropdown filter called Training Locations in the righthand column at the top . This drop down filter works fine on the CPT Trainings Archive page, but when I go to a Single page of the Archive, the drop down filter no longer works.

I visited this URL: hidden link - the Locations Drop down filter works fine.
But when i visit a single page from the archive, such as hidden link and use the drop down filter it no longer gives me a results page. It's passing the URL parameter, but only after the slug of the Single page...

I am expecting to see a result page of all results in the location i have filtered by...

What am i doing wrong?

Many Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

It seems that there might not be a results page defined for this sidebar view filter.

Could you provide me with admin access to the site so that I can check on this for you to see exactly whats up ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Guy,

These access credentials seem not to work either.

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane,

I've reset the password to: I've just reset the password: BivZ)#P%8b9qJK1o&0RcDcg3
The username is the same as our other support ticket:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cannot-insert-shortcode/

Thanks for your support!

Guy

Shane
Supporter

Hi Guy,

The issue here is that only the search was added to this page.

What you need to do is to find a section of this page and add the view there again and set it to display only the results.

If you only want the search bar on the page you need to add a Single Widget cell to the view and add the View Filters widget.

The next step would be to set a page that would be your results page.

Please let me know if this clears things up for you a bit.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi thanks for the feedback.
I'm still a bit unclear.
Can i double check what i have done..

- I created a new WordPress page called "Find a Therapist- Results"
- I then Created a new layout called "Layout for Find a Therapist Results" - containing the "Location" view set to display only results, this Layout is then defined as the template to be used by the wordpress page "Find a Therapist- Results".
It is giving me the results that I want which is great, but I just want to check that i have set it up correctly. I've not had to create a physical WordPress page for any of the other Archive taxonomy result pages, or is this different because its a "search filter" and not a standard taxonomy list?

Many Thanks for your help....

Shane
Supporter

Hi Guy,

Yes this is actually correct, what was needed was just a results page for the search.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.