Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom post doesn't show anything after wp update to 4.7.2

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
View_w_filter_and_result_list.png
CustomPost.png

After updating wordpress to the last version, I can still see the views to filter my custom posts (and I see the result list) but when I click on the post title to see the post details I got nothing.
Even if I try to change or create a new template, nothing changes.
It may be related to the theme I'm using: Impreza from Up Studio (even if I didn't updated nor modified anything about the theme, just updated WP).
If so, how can I check and manage theme compatibility in order to solve the problem (obviously the client is hurrying...).
thanks a lot

Hi, this is definitely not normal. Can you check a few things for me?
- - Please temporarily disable any non-Toolset plugins and activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen. Is the problem resolved?
- Please regenerate your site's permalinks. Go to Settings > Permalinks and click "Save"
- Please enable server logging to see if any server-side errors are being generated. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-toolset/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
ini_set('display_errors', 'Off');

Then refresh the page on a post that is not showing up. If any server-side errors are thrown, this will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents. Once that is done, you can revert the updates you made to wp-config.php.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.