Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom order of Repeatable field ignored

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm trying to sort a View of a repeatable field group (RFG) by the order in which they are arranged in wp-admin, but it isn't working.

Solution: Choose "As a number" instead of "As a native custom field" in the ordering system.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by camila 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
recommendation_settings.png
frontend_order.png
backend_order.png

I am trying to: I'm trying to display repeatable fields in the custom order they have in the backend (see backend_order.png)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: See Domain 2 Recommendations on this page hidden link (password July)

I expected to see: Same order as the backend

Instead, I got: Recommendations all out of order. (see frontend_order.png)

Settings are set as seen here https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/#displaying-repeatable-field-groups-in-custom-order (see recommendation_settings.png)

Hi, I don't see anything obviously wrong in your View's configurations so I suspect something else is going on. Can you show me how this View of RFGs is added to its parent View? For instance, is this inserted with a shortcode? Please share the entire shortcode for me, or show me a screenshot that shows how it is added.

Also, please let me know if you temporarily switch to the parent Divi theme and deactivate all plugins except Types and Views, does the problem still occur?

recommendations-shortcode.png
loop_item.png

Please see attached.

Same results activating parent Divi and de-activating all other plugins.

Hmm, still not seeing anything obvious here. Is it okay for me to login and create a copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin, so I can run some additional tests locally? This way I can test various changes without breaking the live site. If that's okay, please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here.

It seems that the order option "as a number" is working more like expected, as opposed to the option shown in the tutorial image "as a native custom field". Can you do a quick check and confirm the sorting is more like you'd expect? If so, I would like to ask my team for some clarification or a documentation update here.

Yes, that seems to have solved the issue. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.