Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom search View filters for non-Toolset custom posts

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to create a parametric search View where Users can search for Events using date filters and post relationship filters.

Solution: You can include multiple filters on any custom search View. Insert filters in the Filter Editor panel, and ensure they have a corresponding Query Filter.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by augustd 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am using Toolset along side Event Espresso. After creating a few events i have created a view were i can search through events according to parent-child relationship with posts created by Toolset.

I have also created a post-field that takes the start date of the event. I am using a 2 URL parameter(between dates).

What would be in this case the best solution to filter all the events according to the post-field and how would one make the parent-child relationship filter work along side the date filter:

To recap everything: on the view page of the events there should be 2 filters all connected together:
1- parent post
2- event date (custom field)

Hi, there's nothing special about combining multiple filters like this. Here's the process:
- Edit your View in wp-admin and make sure you can see both the Query Filter and Filter Editor sections. If you cannot see both, use the "Screen Options" tab in the top right of the screen to activate both sections.
- In the Query Filter section, delete any Post Relationship filters you may have added already. Keep the date filters.
- In the Filter Editor panel, delete any post relationship filter shortcodes you may have added already. Keep the date filters.
- Place your cursor in the Filter Editor panel and insert a new Post Relationship filter. Select the post relationship that applies to this parent / child relationship.

Now the View will include both the date and post relationship filters, and the filters will be combined using "AND".

thanks...for the help

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.