Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Fields Group is not showing up in the content template!

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Whenever I try to add single field to the content template with field source custom fields, the custom groups group I have created are not showing up there. The Source dropdown is just showing other fields. The behavior is actually very unusual because the custom fields showed up when I randomly created a new content template and they keep on disappearing and appearing on their own. If you want to take a look at the website admin section I can provide you with the username and password ,let me know.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

That is really strange that custom field you create is not showing up on content template. Using which block you are trying to add custom field?

Can you please share more details what custom field you would like to add and on what content template?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

The thing is that you set your content template to display with specific taxonomy term and hense you added the condition to display the following content template conditionally ( Subscription contains Basic).
=> hidden link

I've removed that condition and now I can see the custom field group available to access. (you should refresh the CT once).

The suggested steps is to build your content template first and add all the fields and at last stem once all the fields added to CT you should add your desired condition.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.